Tap Forms app icon half
Tap Forms Forum text image
Blue gradient background

Exchange tips and ideas with the Tap Forms community

Search Results for 'script'

Viewing 15 results - 2,266 through 2,280 (of 3,130 total)
  • Author
    Search Results
  • #38907
    Sam Moffatt
    Participant

    Awesome addition! I’ve just been dismissing and re-showing the progress bar for the use case I have. Is it possible to reset the state entirely to change the total as well? It’s a little weird now where the sheet pops in and out, if I could change the total and the label then I could show it once and then update the label and total as I shift between stages of a script.

    #38904
    Sam Moffatt
    Participant

    Yah even when it’s explicitly dismissed it still shows up after the script complete popup. The same script on the desktop dismisses the progress bar properly. Tapping at least dismisses the pop up though so it’s not too bad in the grand scheme of things :)

    #38902
    Marcus
    Participant

    Yes, the script finished.
    Tapping on the progress is closing it, otherwise it will run in an endless loop until next Christmas ??

    #38901
    Sam Moffatt
    Participant

    I gave this a spin and the script finishes but the progress bar is still there. Tapping on it dismisses but it should probably disappear automatically. Same script on desktop works ok.

    #38900
    Marcus
    Participant

    Hi,
    first if all, Merry Christmas ?

    I noticed the following behavior of the progress bar on iOS (iPhone):

    Run a script
    Select the script
    Confirm to run the script
    Confirm Script run complete
    “Processing Records…” does not disappear

    I took the example from the API documentation:
    https://www.tapforms.com/help-mac/5.3/en/topic/javascript-api

    btw.: A disable/enable option in settings
    to confirm to run/run complete scripts would be a nice feature.

    Brendan
    Keymaster

    Hi Chris,

    I’ll have to look into this issue.

    In the meantime, a Script Field would do the job without this issue.

    Can you please email me your form template and I’ll test with what you have?

    Thanks,

    Brndan

    #38873

    Topic: Add record

    in forum Script Talk
    Gilbert Heintje
    Participant

    Hello,
    I have 2 forms: form_A & form_B, and a script in form_A,
    question: how can I, in this script, create a new record into form_B? There is no link between the 2 forms.

    Thanks,
    Gilbert

    #38867
    Sam Moffatt
    Participant

    Siri executes scripts in a form context not a record context. Siri doesn’t have the context that Tap Forms is executing in and the intent that is being executed I believe is distinct from the main Tap Forms application. This is part of the way Apple have implemented the Siri support.

    I also have struggles using Siri with clipboard access, scripts invoked from Siri don’t seem to have access to the clipboard but when I run those same scripts manually they are able to pull the clipboard properly. I’m not sure if writing to the clipboard would have a similar problem.

    #38865
    Marcus
    Participant

    Maybe I‘m missing something, a basic question how to use Siri to run a script.

    I am in the record edit view and want to copy a field value to the clipboard.

    The script works fine by executing manually:

    function Clipboard() {
    var title_id = 'fld-76b2c64fccc34c20b62b7d485f5bfa28';
    var clip = record.getFieldValue(title_id);
    Utils.copyTextToClipboard(clip);
    return clip;
    }
    
    Clipboard();

    I added this script to Siri, the result is just
    „.undefined“

    (iOS, iPhone)

    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #38859

    In reply to: Field level script

    Sam Moffatt
    Participant

    Calc and Script fields track which fields are referenced inside of them and then when those fields are changed, the calc/script fields are executed to update. Script fields have some nuance to them where you can break the detection but if you use the standard pre-supplied interface to add the fields it should be fine. Script fields in the editor will show a tick next to the names of the fields that they are tracking.

    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #38858
    Gilbert Heintje
    Participant

    Hello,
    New with TF5, I search a script example witch use a ‘Calculation field’ & an another with a ‘Script field’. When these fields are triggered ?
    Many thanks,
    Gilbert

    #38857
    Sam Moffatt
    Participant

    I tried something here with Siri Shortcuts and trying to marshal data with the clipboard but didn’t get very far. I could get Siri to capture some voice text and location data without too many issues, I can put it into a JSON object on the clipboard and if I run the form script directly in Tap Forms it seems to work. However as soon as I go “Hey Siri” I get an error saying the app took too long and I suspect the clipboard isn’t accessible from the intent. If there was a version of the Run Script intent that accepted a simple text input then I could use that with JSON.parse to manage structured data.

    #38856
    Sam Moffatt
    Participant

    I don’t think you could do that with a calculation field or standard pick list field, it doesn’t have that flexibility. The pick list setting is at the form level and realistically your values should be at the record level, that’d be a little challenging.

    You could use a form script with a prompter to ask for the three values one after the other and then set the corresponding fields in your form. It’s not entirely elegant but it would be functional.

    #38855
    Brendan
    Keymaster

    Hi Daniel,

    Tap Forms doesn’t have cascading Pick Lists. So there’s no function that’ll populate a Pick List based upon the selection of another Pick List.

    A Calculation field wouldn’t really help you with this anyway. If it were possible, you would have to write some JavaScript in a Field Script to do it. I haven’t tested out anything like that before. But I did recently open up access to the Pick Lists from a Form or Field Script. If it did work, you would essentially need to pre-create the Pick Lists, then set the values on them from JavaScript. Again, I haven’t tried this, but it might be something interesting to try.

    Thanks,

    Brendan

    #38810
    Anonymous
    Inactive

    Hi,

    I created a new table “AudioLog” for a new idea: I want to log audio information with the apple watch 5. My table has a field with date and time, a shot description (to fill in later) and a audio field. When I start the app on the watch with my table “AudioLog” an I press a button (<- that is the question, how I can realize start and stop/save on the watch with Tap Forms), then a new audio file will created an I can dictate my observation. When I press again, recording stops and save the audiofile and the table record.

    How can I create the start stop save function on the apple watch 5?

    Thanks for helping.

Viewing 15 results - 2,266 through 2,280 (of 3,130 total)