Add data to a new field in existing records?

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Script Talk Add data to a new field in existing records?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Paul Hirst
    Participant

I wanted to add a new field to a form and have it set to a default value. I can do this with new records but I have over 2000 existing records and wanted to add this default value to the new field in each existing record as well. I assume the best way to achieve this is with a script but I am not great with scripting. I assume it is a very short script so was wondering if someone would be able to provide the script to be able to do this. I can see the setFieldValues function but don’t know how I write the scripting to be able to cycle through each record and populate the relevant field.

December 3, 2019 at 2:19 AM #38446

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Paul,

You really don’t need a script to do this sort of thing if you’re using the Mac version.

There’s an Advanced Find & Replace function under the Records menu which would let you set a value in all of the records for a specified field.

You can also use the Fill Down function from the Multi-Column List View by typing your value in the field in the first row, then selecting that cell and all the cells beneath it and then using the Fill Down function under the Edit menu.

Do you have the Mac version?

Thanks,

Brendan

December 3, 2019 at 2:23 AM #38447

Paul Hirst
    Participant

I do Brendan – thanks for that. Will do it that way. Had only looked on the iOS version.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.