Invoice Tracking Template

Viewing 29 reply threads
  • Author

Simba Nayar
    Participant

Hello lovely Tap Formers,

Please can you very kindly share a simple Invoice Tracking template, if you’ve created one? We need them! Huge grateful thanks in advance. Xx

May 17, 2018 at 12:44 PM #28680

Brendan
    Keymaster

I just built a sample one which you can download here. It’s a full database document with 3 forms in it for Tap Forms 5.

1. Customers
    2. Orders
    3. Products

The Customers form is linked to the Orders form with a One to Many Link to Form field.

The Orders form has a Table field within it called Order Items. It’s hooked up to the Products form with matching field names. You can select from the Products form which will copy the record into the Order Items table field matching the field names. You can then type in a Quantity value.

The Orders form also has 2 custom layouts for Invoices. One is in Letter size format and the other is in A4 print size format. Other than that, the two layouts are identical with some minor adjustments to the positions of the objects.

Hope you get some good use from it.

Thanks!

Brendan

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    June 7, 2018 at 10:02 AM #28989

Betty
    Participant

Super helpful. Saved me days of work to have the basics predetermined so I can just focus on the customizing. Thanks so much!!

August 1, 2018 at 10:35 AM #30170

David Butler
    Participant

I really want to see this but it just doesn’t open in Tapforms 5?

August 4, 2018 at 12:45 AM #30182

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi David,

You need to download it, then unzip the file. Then you can just double-click on the .tapforms document file. It’s designed for Tap Forms 5.

Thanks,

Brendan

September 25, 2018 at 2:20 PM #30758

Kimberley Hoffman
    Participant

Thanks for this. I learned more by copying your examples for my template.
    Regards,
    Kimberley

December 17, 2018 at 11:09 PM #32764

Kay Beckham
    Participant

Hey, thank you very much for this template! With a few modifications, I can make this work very well for me!

To other readers, on the off-chance you want to open this template on the iOS version of TapForms, you’ll need to unzip it with some kind of unzipping app. Documents by Readdle will let you do it for free (totally unaffiliated with the developers).

They also have a paid app called GoodReader that lets you unzip files, but on that app, the file will appear as a folder. Long-press the unzipped folder and open in TapNotes.

December 18, 2018 at 2:39 PM #32786

Brendan
    Keymaster

@Kay, you can also copy it to Tap Forms and then it should appear in the Backup & Restore screen in the Tools area. You can then tap on it and then tap on the Restore button. That’ll unzip it within Tap Forms too.

April 9, 2019 at 8:59 AM #34363

Heath Goodman
    Participant

Hi Brendan- The invoice tracking template is a great start. I was just wondering how I could turn it into like a shopping cart/estimate/invoice function to tweak it so that when we go into Order Items that we can have either a button or (autofill feature) to choose from the products table any product to auto populate the form with the correct corresponding product info, i.e., product name, description and price, whether taxable, (and able to order the same product if needed, essentially another line item of the same product with perhaps different quantities entered) which then updates totals- essentially I wanted to turn your invoice template into a shopping cart/Invoice/Estimate functionality. Is Tapforms capable of this? Thanks.

April 9, 2019 at 10:34 AM #34365

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Heath,

The way the Order Items work is that it’s a Table field. There’s a Checkmark button beneath it that lets you select from the Products form. Tap Forms will insert a record a copy the values from the Product form into the Order Items record. So in this way, you can get what you want with the same product listed multiple times but with different quantities. It’s already designed to work that way. Now if it were a Link to Form field it wouldn’t work that way because a Link to Form field would have a reference to the Product so you couldn’t have different quantities for the same Product.

Give it a try and see if it works the way I described.

Thanks!

Brendan

April 9, 2019 at 6:43 PM #34368

Heath Goodman
    Participant

Hey Brendan, my friend- Thank so much for your fast reply- and that’s how I thought you had originally described the “invoices.tapform.zip” file to work so I downloaded the file- except one thing- the copy I downloaded (several times) from the link you provided has no “check mark” at or near the Order Items table field to allow me to insert the product values like you say it functions. Am I missing something? I am using Tapforms Version 5.2.5 (Build 881).
    I have attached a pic of how the orders item looks to me when I open Tapforms. Thanks.

Attachments:
    April 9, 2019 at 10:29 PM #34370

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Heath,

Ah I see. Any particular reason for using an older version? Tap Forms 5.3.6 is the latest version. You’ll need that one to make it work right.

Thanks,

Brendan

April 10, 2019 at 7:04 AM #34382

Heath Goodman
    Participant

Got it! Didn’t realize there was an update- works great bro. I Love Tapforms by the way! Thanks!

November 29, 2020 at 10:09 AM #42752

Michael Nunes
    Participant

Can I import this into the iOS version? Thank you

I figured it out, nevermind

December 1, 2020 at 12:27 PM #42769

Johnny Vanderlip
    Participant

Hey Brendan,

I love your invoice template. Since I’m paid for the time I spend with clients, how can TapForms track that?

Stay well,

Johnny Vanderlip

December 1, 2020 at 11:07 PM #42770

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

I’d create a new form and in that form create two date time fields: one for start time and one for end time. For the start time set it with default value set to “set current date”. If you link that from your client form with a link to form field, you can add a new record and it’ll record the start time when the record was created. You can then go back to that record and if you tap on “end time” on iOS you should be able to hit save to set it to the current date/time and on the desktop there is a “now” button in the calendar popover. You could add a location field as well and on iOS setting that is generally a matter of tapping in, waiting for the fix and hit save.

Once you’ve pulled up your client record, it’s a couple of taps to create the record and then two taps to set the end time (and two more for setting location if you do that as well). This might also work with a table field as well but I personally prefer having a full form most of the time as it gives you options to link to other forms in if it makes sense (e.g. linking in client visits to particular invoices for example).

Other fields that might be interesting would be a calculation field for duration, a field for block size (15 minute increments for example) and maybe even a rate field (phone call different rate to on site different to special location appearance).

December 1, 2020 at 11:31 PM #42771

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

I’d also put in a notes field, maybe a subject field and a photo field depending on your use case.

December 2, 2020 at 1:38 AM #42772

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Johnny,

Since the Invoice Tracking app is based on orders and products and order items, you could modify that to rename the Products form to Services. The Order Items Table field could be renamed to Services Performed.

And you could do, as Sam suggests, add a start and end time fields to the Services Performed Table field, along with the calculation field to compute the duration, which could then be used to compute the total amount. The Services Performed table would be linked as it is now to the Products form (that you rename to Services), and when you click on the checkmark button to select a service, you find a record for the service and then Tap Forms will copy the service into the Services Performed Table field. Then you set the start and end times and the duration and total amount would be computed.

Please note that if you use Time fields, the times entered should be within the same day. If you think a service might span days, then use Date & Time fields instead as that will track the day change also.

Hope that gives you an idea of how it could be used to charge based on time rather than physical products.

Thanks!

Brendan

December 10, 2020 at 2:09 PM #42827

Bruce Dusterhoft
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

I love Tap Forms 5. What would I have to do to use these templates to track total sales of each product over a selected time period?

Brue Dusterhoft

December 10, 2020 at 10:47 PM #42828

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

A quick way would be to use the advanced search to filter between dates and then use the multicolumn list view to pull stuff out. If you set it to “show group summaries”, you can group by a field (product) and use that to grab the details. Numeric fields will let you set an aggregation function like total that should do what you’re after. Make sure you set up your form settings with an appropriate group by field (product again being my guess) to get the summaries otherwise it’ll use the first sort field and likely not do exactly what you want.

December 15, 2020 at 9:27 AM #42862

Bruce Dusterhoft
    Participant

Thanks! This is a big help.

January 24, 2021 at 6:59 AM #43282

Amy Gibbs
    Participant

Hi,

I’m trying out Tap Forms to see if it will do what I need.

I’m looking to track orders I have taken from customers – and generate the orders I need to place with my suppliers.

I’m hoping to add the customer orders – then process these somehow into purchase orders for my suppliers – adding up the quantities required and scaling up to the minimum order quantities set by the manufacturer.

I’d then like a PDF purchase Order I can send to the supplier.

Is this possible?

I have downloaded the sample here but have not yet worked out how I ‘add’ a record from one area (order item) to another – in this case it would be a purchase order.

Many Thanks.

January 25, 2021 at 1:55 AM #43288

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Amy,

This Invoice template can do this. I’m not sure what you mean by add a record from one area to another. In this template you create an order, then to create an order item, you click the + button to add an order item. Or you can click the checkmark button to select from a product to copy into the order item. Then you can adjust things like quantity and price.

January 25, 2021 at 9:50 PM #43295

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

There was a similar request on consulting billing that sounds very similar that might provide some insight.

April 7, 2021 at 2:05 AM #44063

Simon Gore
    Participant

Is there an easy way to email the order to a client? By way of a button?

April 10, 2021 at 12:23 AM #44109

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Simon,

If you use the Print command in the File menu, there’s a PDF button on that screen. Click on it and then select Mail PDF.

Thanks!

Brendan

May 26, 2021 at 7:25 AM #44461

Juan Borrás
    Participant

Any way to make a table field a reference to a record in other form indicating the “render” fields that will be visible on the field?

May 27, 2021 at 2:29 AM #44471

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Juan,

If you want a reference to fields from another form, use a Link to Form field instead of a Table field. This invoice tracking sample you’re replying to has both Link to Form and Table field examples in it.

Thanks,

Brendan

October 21, 2021 at 11:53 AM #45517

timzu
    Participant

Hi,
    Just wanted to point out that the products section doesn’t show any products when saving as a PDF.
    Using Tap Forms Version 5.3.19 (Build 1859) on Mac OS 11.6. This PDF is made by going to File > Print > Save as PDF.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by timzu.
    Attachments:
    November 23, 2021 at 1:08 AM #45782

Luna Sierra
    Participant

I am looking for an Invoice – Products – Clients system to printout invoices and was very excited to have found Tap Forms 5 and the Invoice Tracking Template. I downloaded and installed Tap Forms 5 trial and the invoice template and it looks to have great possibilities. In my case, I need it to create invoices for products incl. tax, with different EU tax rates mentioned, tax amount and with a discount per product. So I started to add these ‘line items’ fields to the Product page: Price Excl. VAT; VAT %; VAT amount; Price Incl. Gradually I start to understand how this works. But I really miss any guidance into the Template. Are there no instructions or tutorials for using this template? I maybe missed that somewhere. Btw I have worked with FileMaker Pro for many years.

Then, VERY IMPORTANT: I have the same problem as Timzu on Oct. 21, that is, if I print an invoice, the products table is totally empty. Unfortunately Timzu’s question has no answer yet. So how can I print the invoice including the product lines? I really hope to hear an answer, as being able to create invoices is my main purpose to use Tap Forms 5. Looking forward to a reply. Any help is most welcome. With many thanks!

November 24, 2021 at 12:42 AM #45785

Brendan
    Keymaster

The solution to the problem with the Products not printing is to go to the Products form, select Print, then click the Fields tab and then click on the Select All button.

Then go back to the Orders form and print again. You’ll see all the Products items there now.

Sorry for the glitch.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by Brendan.
    December 15, 2021 at 2:50 AM #46047

kim kohen
    Participant

I’m very glad I found this thread, I just got caught by the ‘fields not printing’ glitch. It actually took a little searching to find as you have to click Details to get the expanded dialog, then select Tap Forms from the popup and then click the required fields.

I’m actually writing this and keeping a link to the thread in case I forget in the future :)

December 30, 2021 at 5:41 PM #46211

Dale Peterson
    Participant

I must be doing something wrong that is hopefully simple to remedy. When I open this file, it opens in a separate window from my databases. I cannot get it to install into my database forms list.

Thanks, Dale.

December 30, 2021 at 8:05 PM #46212

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

It’s attached as a stand alone document, if you want to import it into an existing document you’ll need to open it up and then export the form templates for each of the forms and import those into your own document (you might be able to get away with exporting only a few but I’m not in a position to say that categorically for this document so it’s safe enough to just export each form as a form template and import them, Tap Forms will figure it out).

December 31, 2021 at 7:31 AM #46213

Dale Peterson
    Participant

Thanks, Sam. I just now figured out how to do it while having my morning coffee and noticed your reply. Thanks again!

Dale.

Viewing 29 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.