Images in Search

Tagged: ,

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Matthias Wolf
    Participant

I just recently discovered Tap Forms and instantly switched over from my previous Bento installation. One feature I have not yet found, or perhaps it doesn’t exist, is including image fields in searches.
    My use case is this:
    I have an inventory database that includes an image of the item. Often I don’t have a picture read when creating the item, thus there is non. Now, I’d like to search for all items that don’t have a picture, so I can add them later. The search field does not include image fields.
    So, my question is: is it somehow possible, perhaps through a workaround (calculation field?), to create a search showing all entries without an image.

January 12, 2016 at 3:01 PM #15668

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Matthias,

There’s no function in there to search for empty images right now, but it’s something I should add to a future upgrade.

Thanks,

Brendan

June 14, 2016 at 7:09 PM #17366

Kurtois
    Participant

Brendan and others,

Just curious if the “search for empty images” is now implemented.

June 14, 2016 at 7:53 PM #17369

Brendan
    Keymaster

Not yet, but it won’t be difficult to add to my new version. Just have to find the time to get to it.

June 1, 2019 at 6:56 PM #35003

CollectorM
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

is there now a way to search for entries without an image?

June 1, 2019 at 9:34 PM #35004

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi CollectorM,

Yes there is. You can do that by using a Script field that returns the number of photos in your Photo field and then search the form for where that field value is 0.

Something like this will work if you add a Script field to your form:

var case_cover = record.getFieldValue('fld-e2cf02f376864a7cb9f090e4a597f3e4');

if (case_cover) {
        case_cover.length;
    }

Use the “fld-” value from your own form’s Photo field. You can get that from the Script Editor.

Hope that helps!

Brendan

June 2, 2019 at 11:52 AM #35007

CollectorM
    Participant

Oh, unfortunately I don’t know anything about using a script or writing one.
    But thanks for taking the time to answer me, I appreciate that.

June 2, 2019 at 1:03 PM #35009

Brendan
    Keymaster

You could just add a Script field, then click the Script Editor button to edit the script. Then copy and paste the code in my above example and replace the “fld-….” value with your own photo field ID. It’s right there on the Script Editor screen. Then save it. You’ll now have a field that tells you the number of photos in your Photo field. Now you can build a search on that.

You don’t really need to know how to write scripting code. Just a copy and paste.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.