Barcode Generate & Scan..

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

musicskidder
    Participant

Hi, just into Tape Form 5 and trying to get a process to work…

I have a cassette tape library. I need to create an entry with the cassette tapes information, generate a barcode and print it on a P-Touch Brother 1/4″ label.

Then I need to use an iPhone to read the barcodes and have the iPhone lookup an entry.

Is there anyone that can give me step by step instructions? This is for a Museum archive project. Tap Form 5 looked like the ONLY app that can do this. I have purchased the TapForm5 Mac app in the App Store and Tap Form Organizer 5 Database in the IOS app Store. A little bit of money but well worth it if I’m not mistaken.

Any and all help is appreciated!

If I need different apps, please mention…

Stan

November 10, 2020 at 2:59 PM #42556

Daniel Leu
    Participant

Tip: print a sheet of labels and use them whenever you need one, instead of printing one on demand. Unless this label contains more than just a barcode.

Have a looks as well at Sam’s video where he shows how to automize barcode scanning: https://www.tapforms.com/forums/topic/barcodes-for-eq-database/#post-42276

November 10, 2020 at 3:38 PM #42558

musicskidder
    Participant

Thanks Dan, I suppose I can print a sheet of labels and make an entry manually. The ease of juggling so many records would then be to scan the tapes and have a search bring up the record that matches.

I have been looking at Pasamio’s barcode script video. It is a beginning…

Thank you,
    Stan

November 14, 2020 at 2:16 PM #42585

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

For my own inventory workflow, I generally purchase simple barcode stickers on Amazon, create the records in Tap Forms first and then scan the barcode into the app. For my workflow I almost always have an existing record for the item, I just need to map it back. You’ve got your own printer so you can pre-print the barcodes though maybe you want to put some extra text on the label as well. To riff a little on Daniel’s advice, what you might do is batch items together so that you can do some of the data entry and print meaningful labels with barcodes. Try a couple of different approaches to see which one works best for you.

There was an earlier topics that might help out as well:

March 6, 2023 at 1:24 PM #49096

Anonymous
    Inactive

Tap Form 5 is the way to go for this project. It’s an investment, but it’ll be worth it in the long run.

March 7, 2023 at 4:42 PM #49104

Brendan
    Keymaster

And to scan a barcode on iOS to search your form of cassette tapes, tap the Search button, then the barcode button that appears inside the search field. Tap Forms will display the camera for scanning the barcode. When it finds the barcode, it’ll put the value scanned into the Search field and filter the records for you. Tap the record to see further details or to edit the record.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.