Search Results for 'script'
Tap Forms Database Pro for Mac, iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch › Forums › Search › Search Results for 'script'
-
AuthorSearch Results
-
July 4, 2020 at 6:36 AM #41175
In reply to: Generate a photo sheet
pierrot_rennes
ParticipantHi Brendan,
Thank you for your answer
I understood well for the labels mode and the layout.
This is precisely why I asked the question ;-))
Couldn’t it be an improvement of the software to integrate the possibility of creating photo boards in full page?
several photo software allow you to make hot plates without using label format pages.All of our databases contain photos.
It might be useful to be able to produce photo plates with a title field at least under each
This would also allow you to have headers and footers, titles …Regarding color, I saw this possibility.
But that’s not what I want ;-))
It is related to the script concerning the coloring of a recording line.
In my collections, I check the field if I have the object in collection and it works well thanks to your help and that of Sam
So I would like that for the photo board mode, a field will be colored under the photo if this recording is checked in the collection.
It may be complicated or impossible but I ask the question ;-))Thanks in any case for the responsiveness
July 2, 2020 at 8:37 PM #41171In reply to: Create Filter: Photo field is empty
Brendan
KeymasterI think I missed the second part. But the script value did get updated after deleting a photo with my fix on the record details view though.
July 2, 2020 at 1:15 AM #41151In reply to: Create Filter: Photo field is empty
Brendan
KeymasterGreat video Sam! And as you may have seen in my comment on your Youtube video, I’ve fixed the bug with the script not running when you delete a photo.
July 1, 2020 at 5:47 PM #41143In reply to: Create Filter: Photo field is empty
Sam Moffatt
ParticipantAnother workaround for the list, create a new script field (I called mine “Empty Image Field”), open it up and it’ll drop in a bit of template code for you. If you double click on the image field in your field list on the left, it’ll insert the field ID for the image field. Then if you make the script look something like this, you’ll have a searchable field on if the image field is empty (
image_01is the name of my image field, it’ll like bevar cover = ...for you):function Empty_Image_Field() { var image_01 = record.getFieldValue('fld-e631165b67374734a3b8f384708b5922'); return image_01.length; } Empty_Image_Field();Set it to be a “number” field on the bottom left (default is text) and also tick “update records when saving” to run the script on all of your records. Then hit “Save”, it’ll take a moment for TF to update all of your existing records with the new value for the field (that’ll depend on how many records you have) and then you should be able to look for records that have zero images using the script field and looking for a value of 0.
June 24, 2020 at 6:05 PM #41088In reply to: Certificate / License tracking database?
Sam Moffatt
ParticipantThanks! I need to work on the audio quality, too many computer fans and background noise (need to close some more windows). I played with the screen recording tool I used a bit and found some noise cleanup options. Probably should script things better but I figured I’d put my money where my mouth was after suggesting doing video tutorials a while back.
June 21, 2020 at 10:27 AM #41058In reply to: Certificate / License tracking database?
Daniel Leu
ParticipantTapForms comes with example forms for driver licenses and passports. The driver license form might be good starting point. Add a photo field, change class to license type, remove the sex and date-of-birth field. Maybe add a description field where you can note some license specific infos.
Cheers, Daniel
---
See https://lab.danielleu.com/tapformspro/ for scripts and tips&tricksJune 19, 2020 at 8:45 PM #41053Topic: Question about Importing in macOS
in forum Using Tap Forms 5Rocky Machado
ParticipantHi – In the Import Records Dialog, when I select a file and the field names appear in the Assign field types section. I notice that I can edit the Field Name. What is the intention? I was hoping I could define a mapping to a form. For Example, a field called description in the file. I might want to map it to a field type called comments in an existing form.
thanks,
rockyJune 16, 2020 at 10:03 PM #40977In reply to: Driving Me Nuts
Sam Moffatt
ParticipantI certainly saw a bunch of weird issues with TF5 and Nearby sync but the performance was much better than iCloud and I didn’t want to pay IBM. Most of them went away when I did a star topology with my iMac but every so often I made a triangle which fixed some sync issues. I shifted to CouchDB support when it was added and since then I haven’t run into many more weird issues. I have had one instance where bringing an old device online caused a script field to be overwritten (I think Brendan improved the sync code to fix this at some point too) but that’s the only issue I’ve noticed. In at least the last year that I can recall I haven’t had an issue.
I certainly recommend getting CouchDB setup, I ran mine on an old iMac 2011 for the longest time before finally moving it to a dedicated Linux box I bought a couple of years back.
However because there can be issues, this is also why I have multiple backup solutions for Tap Forms on my GitHub. I do this on top of routine backups of the Tap Forms document on my Mac as well. It doesn’t matter what scale you’re at, having backups should be a part of your technology solution. Sync is not a backup solution and I’m yet to meet a perfect solution when you have a split brain. Tap Forms does a reasonable job in my opinion and I’ve not had too many issues.
The central CouchDB server (or Cloudant if you wanted) provides a bidirectional sync from a central spoke. This means your device proactively reaches out to to the server to push changes that are made locally and when the server receives updates it proactively pushes the change to your device (if Tap Forms is open) otherwise you pull them down next time you connect to the server. The Nearby sync is only ever on a pull model which can make it hard to force consistent state across all devices as replication state is at the document level. Because it’s a pull model as well also means that there isn’t anything that proactively gets the changes off your device, it’s up to the puller to pull down the changes.
tl;dr dedicated CouchDB is great for reliability, you can install it on your Mac and get it working on your home network
June 14, 2020 at 1:27 PM #40953In reply to: Ability to color rows in multi-columns?
Sam Moffatt
ParticipantYeah, use a single script with all of the logic in it, you can pull in as many fields as you like and they’ll all trigger the script. You can then pass it through which ever conditionals you want in the Javascript code to set the row colour.
I would advise against having multiple script fields for setting the row colour because then the logic for the row colour is in two places and debugging that is a nightmare to fix :)
June 14, 2020 at 6:15 AM #40950In reply to: Ability to color rows in multi-columns?
pierrot_rennes
ParticipantHi Sam,
It’s done, thanks a lot !!!
If I want to color certain lines in relation to two fields to check, I can put everything in the same script I think?
(with different colors of course ;-))June 13, 2020 at 12:44 PM #40946In reply to: Import Yes/No answers for checkbox
Daniel Leu
ParticipantIf you want to have checkboxes, following script sets a checkbox based on the ‘yes/no’ field:
function Yes_No_Script() { const check_mark_id = 'fld-xxx'; const yes_no_id = 'fld-xxx'; if (record.getFieldValue(yes_no_id) == 'Yes'){ record.setFieldValue(check_mark_id, 1); } else { record.setFieldValue(check_mark_id, 0); } form.saveAllChanges(); } Yes_No_Script();This is a field script. If you change the checkbox value, it is overwritten by this script. That’s something that could be changed, but I wanted to keep it simple to start with.
The only thing you need to change are the two ids.
Cheers, Daniel
---
See https://lab.danielleu.com/tapformspro/ for scripts and tips&tricksJune 13, 2020 at 11:08 AM #40944In reply to: Import Yes/No answers for checkbox
Kimberley Hoffman
ParticipantI am trying to avoid replacements, so I don’t accidently erase data. Some of the fields are GDPR fields and they need to be kept. And truthfully, I have no idea on how to write a script.
But maybe just changing the fields to text fields would be the easiest?
June 13, 2020 at 9:11 AM #40942In reply to: Watched TV Shows
Daniel Leu
ParticipantI would copy the
https://www.omdbapi.com/?i=tt0185906&apikey=???&type=series&r=jsonstring into your browser and see if there is an episode 1. If there is, then there is an issue with the script, if there isn’t, then it is coming from ombpapi.com.Cheers, Daniel
---
See https://lab.danielleu.com/tapformspro/ for scripts and tips&tricksJune 13, 2020 at 9:06 AM #40941In reply to: Import Yes/No answers for checkbox
Daniel Leu
ParticipantI see two different options:
- replace ‘yes’ and ‘no’ with ‘1’ and ‘0’ in your csv and then import these fields as checkbox fields.
- import ‘yes’/’no’ fields as text field and then use a script field to translate it into ‘1’/’0′ of a checkbox field
I don’t use imports often, so there might be another option.
Cheers, Daniel
---
See https://lab.danielleu.com/tapformspro/ for scripts and tips&tricksJune 13, 2020 at 3:33 AM #40939Topic: Form TF connected to a PDF form
in forum Using Tap Forms 5Azimut
ParticipantHello.
The answer to my question has probably already been given elsewhere but I have not found anything so here it is: I don’t know anything about javascript (that’s important to say).I want to create TF forms that would be connected to form fields of pdf files that I have previously created. The goal is to master from TF all my documents to send to my contacts (CRM).
Do you have a solution that is not too complex? Thank you for your help.
-
AuthorSearch Results