Question about Search Filters

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Rocky Machado
    Participant

Hi Brenden – Not sure if this is by design, but thought I would ask. I currently have a Trade Journal form layout that has a button which executes a script. I noticed that when I’m in a search filter and execute the script via the button click. I noticed the transaction disappears from my search filter list and I have to hit the refresh (recalc the search filter) button in order for my transaction to show up on my list again. The filter criteria for my search is based on a date/time field (looking at today transactions). The fields that I’m populating has nothing to do with the search filter so I am not quite sure why the transaction would disappear (unless it event driven). Is this the expected behavior? So to make this work, I have to click the button and then hit the recalc button for the record to reappear. I’m wording if I am doing something wrong. When I execute the script I do a form.saveallchange() for my changes to take effect.

thanks,
    rocky

July 16, 2020 at 10:17 PM #41329

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Rocky,

That’s interesting. I would have thought that if the record didn’t quality for the search results after the script is run, that’s why it would disappear. But you said that the script does not touch a field that’s in the list of search rules.

Would you be able to email me your form template so I can test it out here?

Thanks,

Brendan

July 17, 2020 at 10:46 AM #41339

Rocky Machado
    Participant

Hi Brendan – I was perparing my Tapform Dev enviornment to send to you and after I compacted the database. I went back to make sure the behavior still existed and the system is working as expected now. I can click the button and the transaction still appears in the list. It seems the compacting resolved my issue. Sorry to bother you.

thanks,
    rocky

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.