Time field query

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

garry
    Participant

Hi,

I have a form that logs work times. Start time, end time, to calculate hrs worked. What I would like to do is enter Break times into a field, say 00:30 minutes without having to pick the break start time and break end time. If I make the field time it pops up the time picker. If I make it text with the time format, or if I make it a pick list it doesn’t work. Is this possible?

Garry

August 9, 2012 at 6:01 PM #5274

Brendan
    Keymaster

You could use a Number field, but then you’d have to enter 1800 into the field for your break time. Then add this field to your calculation. 1800 is the number of seconds in 30 minutes. All time calculations are based on seconds. You could use a numerical pick list to quickly enter different numbers of seconds. E.g. 1800 for 30 seconds, 3600 for 1 hour, etc.

Hope that makes sense.

Brendan

August 9, 2012 at 10:22 PM #5275

garry
    Participant

Thanks Brendon. some more questions.

I have created a to-do list. Is there any way to set an alarm on my due date field

OR to highlight or auto filter items on todays date in some way?

Is there any way to set alarms on times?

Can you hide a field? I was wanting to to use a calc field, the result of which could be used for another calc field.

I am loving this app. I have created almost everthing I need to run my business all launched from one point. Fantastic.

Garry

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.