Tap Forms URL Scheme

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

msbaylor
    Participant

What is the extent of using the Tap Forms URL scheme for:

tapformshd://

tapforms://

can you pull up a certain record, search or form?

November 7, 2012 at 6:32 PM #5516

DrJJWMac
    Participant

I think this is the mirror of my question …

URLs to Run External Apps

Being able to have Tap Forms call out to external apps (via a URL) and allowing external apps to open Tap Forms at a specific record in the database (via a URL) would be extremely useful all around.

JJW

November 7, 2012 at 6:38 PM #5517

msbaylor
    Participant

yeah, I guess I could have piggy-backed on it, however, while your thread is regarding using other external URL schemes, I was mainly looking for internal TapForm schemes (at least that is the way I was interpreting it).
    I use tap forms to keep track of my clients’ computers. I attach a QR code that has their reference ID. It would be nice if I could scan it & open the app & pull the record or even the database. Currently, I scan the QR code, copy & paste the number into the search field within the database, then get my record. It’d just be a *nice* addition to be capable of making that URL call instead.

November 8, 2012 at 10:34 AM #5521

DrJJWMac
    Participant

Just wanted to point out the parallels, noting that having URLs work in both directions AND across all platforms would be a great step forward in utility.

JJW

November 12, 2012 at 6:33 PM #5533

Brendan
    Keymaster

You can also scan directly into a search field in Tap Forms as it has QR code scanning ability.

The url schemes will simply launch Tap Forms. Nothing happens to them yet as I haven’t written any code to do anything with them.

Thanks,

Brendan

November 13, 2012 at 6:57 PM #5536

msbaylor
    Participant

Ah, k. Thanks

March 1, 2013 at 5:16 PM #6009

Nihon
    Participant

Sorry for bumping this, but URL scheme support would be great. Just searching for a text string passed as a parameter (perhaps in a certain form) would enrich the overall usefullness of tapforms even more by allowing integration with other apps . E.g. calling

tapformshd:///search/

could start a search within for (a possibly unique) and show the first matching record.

Idea: Having another app which shows a map with some POIs. The user taps a POI, sees some information and taps a tapformshd link which brings up a record for editing some data. Then the user sends the updated data back for review (at the office).

Thanks for considering this feature :-)

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.