Table of Records In Multi-Column List View Tips

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Table of Records In Multi-Column List View Tips

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Stephen Martin
    Participant

This is probably mentioned somewhere, so maybe redundant … and hopefully correct.

In Multi-Column List View, I was surprised to see my fields out of order in the table of records list … even though I had ordered them to my preference in Forms mode, and the default form listed them as ordered. “Not Right.png” Could not find a way to change the table field order.

So, decided to export, change in Numbers / Excel / whatever, and import into a new Form with them in the desired order, and checking to add fields not already in the form option. Was able to avoid this as the Export of records had them in the desired order already, so the CSV was good-to-go.

Imported into a New Form, and whalla! “Right.png” During the import, I did change the field types, but the changes were not honored; so had to do that after the import.

But, anyway, now I can just export the records from the original forms and import into the new one. Hope this helps someone else. Maybe there’s a better way. Cheers.

Feedback: Search wildcards would be a happy thing. Or, at least, default to “contains”. Maybe an issue with SQLite.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    May 11, 2019 at 12:38 AM #34727

Brendan
    Keymaster

You can change the order of fields printed via the little tool button at the top-right of the Multi-Column List view. You can drag the fields up and down and click the Save button to rearrange them. That’ll cause the printout to print the same as on the Multi-Column list view. It’s an independent setting from the order of fields on the Fields tab which is what is displayed on the Default Layout.

https://www.tapforms.com/help-mac/5.3/en/topic/multi-column

It’s mentioned in the Print instructions:

https://www.tapforms.com/help-mac/5.3/en/topic/printing

May 13, 2019 at 1:49 PM #34749

Stephen Martin
    Participant

Very helpful. Thx!

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.