Sync with mac

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

john cesta
    Participant

I bought a Mac. I installed tapforms. I can’t see how to sync with my iPad Pro

Thanks

J

December 15, 2019 at 8:46 PM #38751

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

Make sure the Mac and iPad Pro are on the same wifi network, make sure you’re not using an eero. Open up Tap Forms on both devices, you’ll need to send the document from your master device to another to get them bootstrapped. On the iOS document screen, it’s under the hamburger menu at the top and select “Send Document”. On the Mac Docuemnt Documents list there is a share button for the document to the left of the info icon. Once you’ve sent the document to the other device, on iOS go to Tools and Sync settings to add the other device; on your Mac, open up the document and hit Preferences and then Sync. Nearby is configured under the WiFi looking icon, you’ll need to add each device from the plus menu with the document open in both accounts.

December 16, 2019 at 6:24 AM #38798

john cesta
    Participant

I’ve been able to send the document from the iPad to the Mac via airdrop. The only way I can get the document open open the Mac is but using the open menu option and selecting the document from the downloads folder.

when I leave the document or close it I have to do that again.

Is there a way I can sync both and my iPhone via iCloud?

Thanks

December 16, 2019 at 9:06 AM #38801

Daniel Leu
    Participant

Before opening the shared document on your Mac, you should move it from the Downloads folder onto the splash/opening screen from Tap Forms. So whenever you open Tap Forms, you can easily select the file. Next would be to configure Tap Forms for iCloud synchronization. Here is the link to the documentation: https://www.tapforms.com/help-mac/5.3/en/topic/icloud-sync

December 16, 2019 at 1:11 PM #38804

john cesta
    Participant

oh maybe thats it. you gotta hang with me here i switched from android and windows to apple. I;m still not current on all the apple mac ipad lingo.

john

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.