Suggestion

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Greg Spink
    Participant

I use dynamic QR code for product labels.  Partly to track traffic and see how effective they are.  But also to help market the product.

I know Tapforms allows you to create QR code,  but not dynamic QR’s.  Is it possible that Tapforms could create a dynamic QR code generator that comes with its own tap form template for managing the QR?

June 28, 2023 at 8:25 AM #49652

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Greg,

I’m not sure what you mean by a dynamic QR code?

You can generate a QR code based on any text you put into a field. You can have different records, each with a different value that would be turned into a QR code on a custom layout when you have the Display as Barcode option enabled for that field.

Not sure exactly how dynamic you mean.

Thanks,

Brendan

June 29, 2023 at 6:18 AM #49653

Greg Spink
    Participant

Dynamic QR codes allow you to edit the forwarding address while keeping the same QR code. They also allow you to track traffic. Some are more sophisticated.  This is the software I use https://iqr.hrubasko.com/  does your system allow you to edit the destination after the QR code is created?

June 29, 2023 at 8:09 AM #49654

Daniel Leu
    Participant

does your system allow you to edit the destination after the QR code is created?

No, because TapForms doesn’t create dynamic QR codes.

When you create the QR code with the software mentioned, do they provide the short URL (qr4.at)? If yes, you can create a QR code with this software and copy the short URL into TapForms. Then TapForms can use this URL to create a QR code if needed. If the main URL changes, you can modify it in your software. Feasible, but not the most elegant way I guess.

June 29, 2023 at 3:15 PM #49658

Brendan
    Keymaster

Oh I see. So it’s like Bitly I guess. That’s a web service and Tap Forms does not provide a web service. So the QR code is not actually dynamic. It’s just the destination URL can be changed after the QR code is generated.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.