Simple Question – How to re-arrange a custom form?

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Simple Question – How to re-arrange a custom form?

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

John Maschinot
    Participant

I built a custom form a while back and need to change a few things, but Ive forgotten how. Can’t figure how to select/move fields on the form.
    Could some one please refresh my memory?

May 12, 2021 at 8:53 PM #44371

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

You need to select the “layout” toggle icon or “Layout” > “Edit Layout” in the menu to enable editing the layout and moving stuff around.

May 13, 2021 at 6:33 AM #44379

John Maschinot
    Participant

No luck. Maybe the form is locked? But the lock icon looks unlocked to me, and when I click on it opens security settings that don’t indicate clearly whether it’s locked or not.

May 13, 2021 at 6:37 AM #44380

John Maschinot
    Participant

also, I just switched to a different layout in the same file – I can select and move stuff around there just fine.

May 13, 2021 at 7:08 PM #44382

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

Would you be able to share a screen shot of the impacted layout?

May 13, 2021 at 11:48 PM #44387

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi John,

Perhaps you were referring to changing the Default Layout? If so, then to modify the arrangement of fields (up and down), click the Form button on the toolbar, then the Fields tab. Then drag the fields up and down. Custom layouts are a different thing where you can place fields anywhere you like on the page.

Thanks,

Brendan

May 14, 2021 at 3:01 PM #44392

John Maschinot
    Participant

Yep – here’s a shot:

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    May 14, 2021 at 3:07 PM #44394

John Maschinot
    Participant

OH just found it! Went to layers and unchecked/ unlocked the boxes, now I can move stuff on the custom form. This happened to me a while back – I knew there was a way. Thanks all!

May 15, 2021 at 12:54 AM #44398

Brendan
    Keymaster

Ah oops! Yup, the Layers tab and locking. It’s useful to be able to lock objects in place, especially things like background objects or things you don’t want to move by accident.

Glad you found the solution.

May 15, 2021 at 10:23 AM #44405

John Maschinot
    Participant

Seems like this should be more obvious – how to unlock the layers – right?
    Because the lock icon is in the menu bar, the natural thing is to click the lock icon. But then the used (me) thinks something must be wrong with the system.
    Even a note in the security window after you click on the lock icon that reads something like “if you can’t move stuff around on your custom form, please go to the layers section and unlock…” etc..
    Make sense?
    Thanks for the great product!

May 16, 2021 at 12:54 PM #44416

Brendan
    Keymaster

I do have a note about the locking of layers in the online user manual here:

https://www.tapforms.com/help-mac/5.3/en/topic/designing-layouts

You can also lock layers so they cannot be moved accidentally. To lock a layer, click the checkbox button on the right.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.