Sharing with iPhone

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Albert Bronson
    Participant

I’ve played around with the send document to iPhone function (in preparation for iCloud syncing) for a couple of days and can’t make any headway. I have the phone and the computer prepared, but when I press send document, I get no result on the phone.

Can someone walk me through this process in some detail.

August 29, 2017 at 7:04 PM #24266

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Albert,

Make sure you have Tap Forms running on both devices and that you’re using the latest iOS and macOS operating system versions. If you have a discrepancy (e.g. one older and one newer) then it won’t work. It’ll just sit there waiting after you press accept the invitation.

An alternative approach is to just enable iCloud sync on the document you want to sync on your Mac, then wait for the placeholder document to automatically appear on the iPhone. It’ll have a little cloud icon with a down arrow in it to signify the data is still in the cloud and still needs to be downloaded. Tap on it on your iPhone to open it up, then just wait for the sync to begin. Let it finish.

There’s a video at the top of this page which shows how that works:

https://vimeo.com/channels/tapformsmac5/page:1

It’s the first topic in the What’s new in 5.1 video.

Thanks,

Brendan

August 29, 2017 at 7:14 PM #24267

Mike Schwartz
    Participant

OOPS, Brendan was posting his reply while I was typing this.

Albert,

There’s a video that might help you: https://vimeo.com/channels/tapformsmac5/page:1

Scroll down to the last video: Sharing Your Databases.

If you’re following those instructions and it still isn’t working, then Brendan will need to pipe in.

As an alternative, you can use iTunes File Sharing as described in this forum post:

TapForms iPad/iPhone crashing during backup

Hope that helps,
    Mike

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.