Set database as default at opening?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Susan Krzywicki
    Participant

With the new ability to have multiple documents, that means that there are extra steps upon opening Tap Forms: reviewing the opening splash screen and then selecting the document I want. I unchecked the splash screen box, so now that has gone away. But Tap Forms doesn’t automatically open any document. It just sits there and waits for me to go thru extra steps to pick out the document I last used.

Is there a way to always default to the last-opened or to my preference? I looked in the forum for answers, but couldn’t find this.

August 8, 2016 at 9:25 AM #18336

Gartenzwerg
    Participant

Also my wish but …..

Answer

August 8, 2016 at 1:24 PM #18344

stravedere
    Participant

Splash screen checked, Tap Forms doesn’t open splash screen at start.

August 10, 2016 at 1:29 PM #18416

Tyson Schoeber
    Participant

I wrote to Brenden with the same request a few days ago. He wrote back to say that this function is now controlled by the Mac OS and that the behaviour can be set in the General panel of System Preferences. That panel includes an item that reads “Close windows when quitting an app.” To make TF5 open the previous database, that option should NOT be checked.

That said, this approach is not an ideal solution. It makes sense for some programs to open the last window when they start up but — for other programs — the sane behaviour can be a nuisance.

I, personally, prefer to have that option turned on. TF3.5 was able to open the last file on its own so I hope that Brenden will be able to restore that functionality to the new version, too.

October 21, 2016 at 6:37 AM #20114

Tyson Schoeber
    Participant

For what it is worth, this issue was resolved by a later update to Tap Forms 5. The program can now open the last document that was used automatically. : )

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.