Simplify Opening for a Single Database File

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Simplify Opening for a Single Database File

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Larry
    Participant

I appreciate the idea of allowing multiple database files, but my needs are simple and I will continue to use a single database file for all my needs. Is there a way to simplify startup and always go to a single default database file without having to click on a list of (one) file to open? Please answer for both Mac and iOS. Thanks.

August 5, 2016 at 10:29 PM #18194

Gartenzwerg
    Participant

+1
    That would be great…!

August 6, 2016 at 2:35 AM #18210

Richard Saunders
    Participant

I found the easiest way (for now) is to highlight the documents folder (in your library) and drag it to the righthand side of the Dock. You can now click on the document (database) of your choice and Tap forms will start with that database already loaded.
    Works for me.

August 6, 2016 at 2:43 AM #18212

Brendan
    Keymaster

On iOS this is automatic. The last opened document will automatically load up.

On Mac this is also automatic as long as you don’t have the “Close windows when quitting an app” setting checked in the General System Preferences app. Make sure there’s no check. Then when you quit, any windows open at the time will still be displayed.

August 6, 2016 at 6:35 AM #18221

Larry
    Participant

Brendan, I had set “close windows when quitting …” because of a performance problem with one app. So I will use Richard’s method. Thanks to both of you for your responses.

Larry

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.