Search for Time (Hrs, Mins) for greater/less than

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Search for Time (Hrs, Mins) for greater/less than

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

divinenanny
    Participant

I have a number fields with a Time (hrs, mins) format. I use this to register game play length. I would like to search for games that take longer/shorter than X hours. How do I format such a search?

I tried creating a Saved Search with “game play” “is less than” “10” but this just gets me one hit which happens to have a time of 0 hrs and 0 min, but none of the games which are actually less than 10 hours. Searching for “is less than” “10 hrs, 0 mins” (mirroring the format of the field itself) has the same result.

February 14, 2022 at 10:43 PM #46749

Brendan
    Keymaster

Tap Forms stores the Number Format time values in seconds. So when you create your Saved Searches, first convert your time into seconds and put those values into the search rules.

February 15, 2022 at 1:56 AM #46753

divinenanny
    Participant

That leads to different results, but still not correct.

10 hours = 36000 seconds. I entered the filter term as “Main story” “is less than” “36000”.

That gives me more results, but some are still more than 10 hrs. I have one that is 11 hrs 30 mins, one that is 10 hrs 30 mins. Etc.

February 15, 2022 at 8:44 PM #46757

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hmm… ok, I’ll have to look closer into that then.

Can you please email me your form template so that I can experiment with it?

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.