Search bug?

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

obisbis
    Participant

I love your app, it’s fun and powerful — great job!

I found a couple of issues; one with sort where fields don’t really get sorted unless I either delete the record then re-added it or just edit it and save without making any changes. The other one is with Search – see below. I’m using the trial version, not that it makes any difference.

Add the word “banana” as a value in any of your fields. Search for it and it will find it. Then go back and change from “banana” to let’s say “bread”. with no quotes of course. So now banana should be replaced with bread. Search for banana and it will still find it even though it’s no longer there. Search for bread and it won’t find it even though it’s now there.

+

October 15, 2009 at 6:15 PM #3796

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello,

I have fixed this search bug in Tap Forms 1.8.1 which I will be releasing very soon. It only happens on editing an existing value. Adding new values doesn’t have this problem.

Thanks,

Brendan

October 22, 2009 at 9:51 AM #3806

Anonymous
    Inactive

I deleted a form and then recreated it again. I am having a similar issue with all records within the field. I cannot search for multiple terms across multiple fields, such as:

Type: Fruit

Name: Banana

If I search for “fruit” or “banana”, I get a record returned. If I search for “fruit banana” (no quotes), I get No Records.

It seems like the index is persistent, even if I delete the form. Is this fixed in the new update as well?

October 26, 2009 at 1:50 AM #3807

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Aurans,

Yes, this issue is fixed also. The index will get properly deleted from when you delete a record. It was essentially the same bug as the update bug.

Sorry for the trouble. Just working to finish up my new update and I’ll get it out asap.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.