saved search

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Yogie
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

I just realized in the iOS versions the following behavior.

I have a list that contains expenses, one field holds the expense type like cash, VISA, AMEX etc. I’m using the search to get an overview of any kind of the expense type, so I can check against the bill I’m receiving from the CC institute. And I have a checkbox field that is unchecked until I have been billed by the CC institute, if billed, I mark the position with a check marker.

So my first search was simply filtering by expense type. Then I added the checkbox field as an additional search criteria. Two things I recognized here.

When adding the second search criteria the first criteria’s value was blanked out. Which means the type was holing VISA, then I added the checkbox field and the type was set to empty and I had to reenter the value VISA.

The second criteria seems not to be recognized or considered, because there is no change in behavior of the list result when I put the value to be checked or un-checked anytime all values are listed that contain VISA as a type.

This brings up the question by the way what is the relationship when adding multiple criteria’s in a search? Is it an AND or OR? Is there a way to determine and AND or OR in a search?

Cheers
    Joerg

November 14, 2013 at 1:16 AM #7621

Yogie
    Participant

By the way the expense type comes from a pick list.

November 14, 2013 at 2:22 AM #7622

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Yogi,

The search rules are ANDed together. More specifically, the search results for each search rule are combined using an SQL INTERSECT command. That means that both search rules must be true in order for a row to be returned in the result set.

Can you please email me your form template and I can do some tests on it?

Thanks,

Brendan

December 5, 2013 at 8:45 AM #8091

kenclarkeis
    Participant

I am getting the same problem. I am creating a search with two entries and it is finding results that don’t match. If I then try and edit one of the entries is now blank. This is very frustrating that searches don’t work.

December 5, 2013 at 1:28 PM #8095

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Ken,

Can you please run the Rebuild Search Index command on the Database Maintenance screen to see if that corrects your search issue?

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.