Photos (Images) and Tap Forms – Bulk Import, Next Revision

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Photos (Images) and Tap Forms – Bulk Import, Next Revision

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Kurtois
    Participant

I like the ability of Tap Forms (TF) to be able to bulk import image files via CSV. What is unclear is if a copy is being made of the file or if the file location specified in the CSV is the source for the image.

Also, I am curious if there is an opinion on which sync’ing method (iCloud/Dropbox) is best for users who rely on the TF database with photos.

Brendan – I know a new version of TF is right around the corner. I am curious if you have input on the above and can provide guidance knowing the future of photos in TF.

June 15, 2016 at 1:48 AM #17378

Brendan
    Keymaster

When you have a photo reference in a CSV file, Tap Forms will use that as the path to the photo within the Photos folder. If you fire up iTunes File Sharing and go to the Tap Forms documents folder, you’ll see a Photos folder. That’s where Tap Forms looks for the photos. Unless you’re using Dropbox or iCloud, in which case it looks there for photos.

As for which service to use, your mileage may vary. Some have had good results with one service, but not with the other.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.