Photos and date/time stamping

Tagged: ,

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

Lanny Stevens
    Participant

I am new to using tapforms.
    I would like to have date & time imbedded in the photographs taken in tapforms.
    Presently testing to use tapforms for checklists, which would include photographs for verification.
    These are then emailed and kept as a record.
    There are many apps that date/time stamp pictures taken with iPhone, but with them have to go outside tapforms take the picture, then select from photo albums.
    Want to keep as simple as possible.
    Your update reducing photo file size is a big help.
    Great work with tapforms.
    Thanks.

March 18, 2014 at 12:25 AM #9435

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Lanny,

Are you referring to the EXIF metadata information that’s stored within a photo? You’re right, Tap Forms didn’t remember that information when a photo is taken or selected from the library. I’ll modify Tap Forms so that it remembers that information before it saves the photo.

Thanks!

Brendan

March 18, 2014 at 8:28 AM #9440

Lanny Stevens
    Participant

Thanks Brendan. That will help alot.
    Curious, have you entertained the idea of adding the option of a date & time stamp show up on the actual photograph?
    That would be exactly what I am looking for.
    Tapforms is a great app.
    Thanks.

Lanny

March 18, 2014 at 5:05 PM #9443

Brendan
    Keymaster

No, I haven’t thought about putting a timestamp on the actual photo. Not sure about that. It would obviously have to be an option on the Photo field.

Thanks,

Brendan

March 18, 2014 at 5:52 PM #9446

Lanny Stevens
    Participant

Thanks for reply Brendan.
    The addition of EXIF will be very usefull to me.
    Any guesses when you will add that feature to tapforms?
    Thanks again.

Lanny

March 19, 2014 at 2:50 AM #9448

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Lanny,

I worked on that today, so it’ll be in the next update. Took a lot longer to do than I had thought it would. After setting the EXIF information on the scaled image I ended up having a problem with the image being rotated when it shouldn’t have. I got that fixed now though.

Don’t know the exact day I’ll be releasing this next update though. I want to do some more testing on it.

Thanks!

Brendan

March 19, 2014 at 6:06 AM #9449

Lanny Stevens
    Participant

Many thanks Brendan.

Lanny

June 14, 2016 at 8:29 PM #17371

Kurtois
    Participant

Brendan – Any chance you are saving the GPS coordinates in the embedded EXIF, as well?

Looks to be mentioned in this thread, as well:
    Thread

June 15, 2016 at 1:46 AM #17377

Brendan
    Keymaster

I remember looking into that and when you select a photo from the Photo Library to import into Tap Forms, the operating system strips out location information from the photo. However, that was a while ago and there is probably a way now to get that information. But I do remember there being privacy issues surrounding that. In some limited testing I haven’t yet seen any location information in the photos I’ve tested.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.