Order of the fields in printing dialog

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Eddy
    Participant

Hello together!

Tapforms has a nice printing option. I use it to produce quick and (not really) dirty lists from selcted records out of the db.

In the printing dialog I can choose, which field I like to have in the list printout. But … I do not find any way to change the order of the fields, i. e columns in the printout.

The order of the fields seems to have nothing to do with the order of the fields in the (standard) layout dialog. So, if I change the order there, I am still sticking to the (random?) order of the fields, how they are presented to me in the printing dialog. I tried to drag and drop the items there, but it this seems not to be possible … 

It is important to me, because I am producing vocabulary lists out of the db. And than it matters, which language is next to another language.

Thx in advance, regards,

EDDY

• This topic was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by Eddy.
    July 10, 2022 at 2:04 PM #47595

Eddy
    Participant

Hi again. I am so stupid. in other words: Read the f*** manual, man!

“The field print order in the Table of records print layout is based on the order of the fields displayed on the Multi-Column List View.

To change the field print order:

Select the Multi-Column list view
    Click the select fields icon to the right of the field list
    Drag the fields up or down to match the desired print order which will also be displayed in the Multi-Column List View after Save is clicked.
    Click Save to save the desired order for the Multi-Column List View and also for printing.”

https://www.tapforms.com/help-mac/5.3/en/topic/printing

Sorry for disturbing,

Eddy

July 10, 2022 at 8:58 PM #47596

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hey Eddy,

I’m glad you found that. Sorry for the confusion in the different ways of determining field printing order. It’s an area I need to focus on at some point.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.