Making Use of Linked Records

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Kurtois
    Participant

I am having a difficult time making use of records that I have linked to a parent record.

Problem:
    I would like to take the textual records associated with a parent record and then use that textual data within another application. Unfortunately, I cannot find a way to cut/paste this data.

I have tried exporting this data as a workaround, however, the linked data exports in a non-user friendly manner, that is, the parent records are using internal IDs only. I would like to select a field from the parent form that would repeat for each linked child record.

Question:
    Is there a means I am not seeing to utilize the child record data for a given parent?

p.s. I am sorely hoping to see field concatenation ability soon. I’d love to add some Markdown tags to the textual data I have here.

March 21, 2014 at 10:30 PM #9475

Kurtois
    Participant

Should I clarify my post?

Why are users unable to cut/past linked data that is displayed on a parent record’s form?

March 22, 2014 at 2:48 AM #9479

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Kurtois,

I haven’t implemented cut or copy on linked form data. Or even on the main records list. Sorry. It’s probably something that I should add at some point.

Thanks,

Brendan

March 27, 2014 at 4:28 PM #9535

Kurtois
    Participant

Well, I would very much like to see this feature become a part of Tap Forms.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.