Links and searching

Tagged: ,

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Hugh Ashton
    Participant

I just bought Tap Forms for Mac the other day. I was rather disappointed to find that the linked files cannot be used as search criteria. Uising the online manual as the example, if I have two forms, one for projects and one for consultants, it seems that I cannot search for all those projects for Acme Inc. on which Fred is currently working, either from the project form or the consultant form. Am I correct in this supposition? And is there an ETA for an enhancement to bring this functionality?

Also, I am not sure what the Link From field type does.

Thanks for any help or explanation here.

January 27, 2014 at 3:11 PM #8897

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Hugh,

Link FROM field type? That’s not available just yet. Link TO Form is available though. It’s how you link one form to another.

In version 2.0.2 for Mac and version 3.6.1 for iOS you will be able to tell Tap Forms to show the inverse relationship. With this feature you will be able to view all projects for Acme and also view an individual project and see that it belongs to Acme. So, visible in both directions.

ETA is whenever I’m finished :-) I’m currently working on that functionality.

Thanks!

Brendan

January 27, 2014 at 4:49 PM #8898

Hugh Ashton
    Participant

Brendan. Thanks for a prompt and informative answer. I quite understand about “whenever I’m finished”. If you need a beta tester for this, I’m happy to look into it (my proposed application isn’t mission-critical, so I could face the loss of the data without too much trouble).

The LINK TO works nicely, though. Look forward to seeing these enhancements.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.