Learning to Use TapForms : Task Specific Coaching For Users Available?

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Learning to Use TapForms : Task Specific Coaching For Users Available?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Kurtois
    Participant

I was pleased, as a user, to see Sam Moffatt (sp?) participating in the forums here. I got the impression he was tasked with helping users as a paid partcipant, rather than just a nice fellow assisting. This is all conjecture.

That said, is there any possibility of having someone like Sam Moffatt, who is versed in TapForms, to be willing to assist me with a project with the goal of teaching me how to use the software, but with a specific purpose or task in mind?

It would be understood that some sort of payment would be a part of this process. Personally, I would like to see the developer of TapForms recommend someone or see if this is an idea he has thought about.

January 26, 2022 at 10:32 PM #46461

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Kurtois,

I’m not sure if Sam would be willing to do that. Perhaps he’ll chime in here. He makes those videos out of the goodness of his heart.

Aside from the videos that you can access from the Help menu (and Support page here), there are also videos at Dan’s Tutorials that go through all the steps to create forms:

Tap Forms 5 Tips & Lessons

That might be helpful for you.

What sort of forms are you looking to make?

In Tap Forms all you really need to think about is what fields you want to capture information for and what types those fields are. Tap Forms pretty much builds the form for you once you’ve entered in the field names and selected the field types (e.g. Text, Number, Note, etc.) Then all you need to do is enter your own data.

Things can get a little more complicated if you need to calculate things or if you need relationships between forms.

I’m certainly happy to answer any questions you have either here or via email.

Thanks!

Brendan

January 27, 2022 at 1:14 PM #46476

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

As noted by Brendan, I don’t get paid for any of the posts I make here nor the videos except in Tap Forms features :D Mostly this is helping out folk on the side when I have some spare time to do things rather than any sort of time commitment. I’ve generally avoided any sort of extra paid engagement as I already have a day job and it can throw me curve balls every so often that I need to land as a priority.

In general if you’ve got topics I can add them to the backlog for the videos. Though generally I source those from solutions I’ve already worked through on the forum. Brendan’s also really responsive and helpful as well via either email or forum. That said posting on the forum means you get a bunch of other folk who can respond like Daniel or myself with slightly different perspectives too, plus Brendan also responds here too. The other useful thing about putting it on the forum is that others who have similar questions can find them and reply to those threads.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.