iCloud Sync issue between two computers

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Ray Robillard
    Participant

I have an iMac and a Macbook. Something went wrong in my database a couple of months ago and I only noticed it this morning. A form with scripts had been erased. Anyway, I had a backup and was able to restore it on my iMac.

But before proceeding, I inactivated syncing, deleted the iCloud syncing data from my iMac. Turned off syncing on my Macbook too (from Tapforms) and deleted the local copy.

At this point, my database is on my iMac. I re-enabled syncing. I saw that the last upload date and time was corresponding to when I re-enabled syncing, after a couple minutes. So, on iCloud, it would seem that all is good.

On my Macbook, my database won’t sync fully. When I launched Tapforms, my database appeared with a cloud sync icon. When I try to open it, it shows an empty database. I’ve been patient, waited a long time, closed the database and waited, but the file never goes over 2.6 mb in the Finder. The real file size is 154 mb (or close to).

What else can I do to get my database from my iMac to my Macbook.

Note : I know the database is on iCloud sync because on Tapforms for iPhone, the database is all there, up to date.

Thanks,

Ray

March 4, 2022 at 7:04 PM #46926

Ray Robillard
    Participant

I deleted the app on iOS and reinstalled it. Now iOS is also showing an empty database.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by Ray Robillard.
    March 5, 2022 at 6:53 AM #46933

Ray Robillard
    Participant

UPDATE: iCloud Sync was having the flu, apparently, because it is working fine this morning.

Case closed.

March 5, 2022 at 3:17 PM #46935

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Ray,

iCloud sync can be slow and temperamental.

Glad it’s working again.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.