How do YOU use TapForms (new form ideas)

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

TSL
    Participant

Hi,

when downloaded TapForms about 8 month ago, my first intention was to import all my Outlook notes and keep them in sync in a roughly manner. At that time it was not possible to sync these notes with iTunes. I was glad, that just in these days the import update was provided, so it was no problem to import about 500 Outlook notes.

Now I use TabForms in different ways and I’d like to share my approachs hoping and looking forward to get new ideas from other TapForms users (I bet there are a also lot of cooking receipts forms, but there must be more…). I created:

1. German car licence tag list – there are letter codes here in Germany for different cities so I can map city and code to identify where the car is from. (letter code <-> district town)

2. Log my entry and leaving time of my job (Date, time and some individual tags)

3. Have a private abbreviation list (abbreviation <-> description)

4. Log the gas, heating, power and water usage of our family / house and granny-flat (incl. photo of the heating adjustments)

5. A list of the international spelling rules — each letter has to be spelled in a different manner in e.g. Germany, Austria, USA… (A <-> Alpha, Anton, … B <-> Bravo, C <-> Charlie…)

6. A EBCDIC list (hex-value, ASCII, etc…)

7. A list of emergency telephone numbers (Name <-> number) Unfortunately a direct dial is not possible anymore with OS 3.0 and 3.0.1

8. A list of Similes ;-)

9. And last but not least I try a little bit with a vocabulary list (German <-> English). There is a very nice feature in the new TapForms, that when you use the masked field type, than the value will be finally shown when you touch the filed one time. So you can use this to learn new words and validate them without seeing the translated word. Of course I’ll track my progress with a correct / incorrect flag.

So, now I’m looking forward to get ideas from you — the other TapForms users.

Brendan, many thanks for the new form and of course your great TapForms and looking also forward to the new version of this tool.

Best regards

Timm

October 6, 2009 at 1:39 PM #3788

sapvil
    Participant

Track Bible Passage notes (and record audio clip at the same time)

Daily Recap (journal with audio/pics)

Ideas List on Anything (food, dates with wife, family outing, discussion topics)

Receipt/expense tracking (can take image)

November 2, 2009 at 4:02 AM #3819

misterchimps
    Participant

I made a packing list form for vacation, and am experimenting with a GTD form and a shopping and to do list.

November 27, 2009 at 8:48 AM #3838

Anonymous
    Inactive

I created a form to have my Opera-DVD-Collection (with all the DVD-Details) with me. E.g. to know what is missing when I’m on my business trips and have the chance to buy some DVD in a special store.

March 5, 2010 at 10:37 PM #3979

gaskiya
    Participant

my reference database is an impoted list of work extension phone numbers.

I didn’t want to clog up my contacts with them all.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.