hidding fields, picklists from forms

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

garry
    Participant

Can you hide a field? I was wanting to to use a calc field, the result of which could be used for another calc field.

Is it possible to create a dynamic picklist using another form.

garry

August 11, 2012 at 9:58 PM #5279

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Garry,

There’s no ability to hide fields.

You can use a Many-to-Many Link to Form field type to simulate a dynamic pick list using another form.

Thanks!

Brendan

September 27, 2012 at 2:00 PM #5419

nycojoe
    Participant

Having difficulty grabbing a customer name from another form and inserting it into a call report field in the call report form.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Joe

September 29, 2012 at 11:37 AM #5425

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Joe,

If you’d like to send me some more details about your problem to support@tapforms.com I can try to help you via email.

Thanks,

Brendan

March 19, 2014 at 10:08 AM #9450

Kurtois
    Participant

Brendan,

When you say “simulate” a dynamic pick list, does that mean it is not a truly dynamic pick list? I would appreciate some clarification.

March 19, 2014 at 11:22 AM #9451

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Kurtois,

When you use a many-to-many Link to Form field, the popover displayed will contain a list of records from the other form that have not been linked yet. So as you add records to that other form, you will have more records available to link to.

The difference between a Pick List and a Link to Form field is that a Pick List simply copies the value selected into the Text or Number field you’re currently editing. A Link to Form field simply establishes a relationship between the field in the parent record and the set of records selected from the child form.

Thanks,

Brendan

December 18, 2015 at 7:32 AM #15492

Ton van Loon
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

Using a many-to-many Link to Form field to simulate a dynamic picklist will give me 3 “user experience/interface problems” :
    1) You can’t see what you’ve selected
    2) You can’t easily edit your input
    3) Clicking on the field (to edit it) will cause the application to select the “picklist form” and you will leave the Original form.

What I want to achieve is to have a picklist with extra (custom) fields e.g. for a list of colours (colour name, fashion season, EAN code, available Yes/No)

For a nailstyling studio I want to keep track of the nail polish colours that are used in a session of a client, recursesively I want to know what colours are used in what session / with what client.

Any help would be appreciated.

Rgrds Ton

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.