Filter results from linked form?

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

David Oxtoby
    Participant

I can’t think of a simple way to do this….

So i have a customer form, and a customer has a name etc, and also a ‘Customer type’ (i.e. Wedding Couple, Hall Hirer, etc)’

if on my Hall Hire Booking form, i link in the Customer Form. What i want to do is when i choose a Customer Record to link to, how do i get it to only show the ‘Hall Hirer’ customer types? rather than all the Customer Records?

Thanks anyone for pointers.

July 20, 2020 at 5:18 AM #41394

T.L. Ford
    Participant

I think the easiest way might be to use the built-in search when selecting a customer record. This doesn’t cross linked forms for the record you are trying to select.

A work-around is to use a Customer Type picklist to fill to a text field on the Customer form. You can tell the picklist to select from the Customer Type form. On your Hall Hire Booking form, set up the Customer view to include both the Customer and Customer Type. When you go to link an existing record, you can search by both the type and the name.

See the attachment.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    July 20, 2020 at 12:15 PM #41405

Brendan
    Keymaster

Adding the ability to select a Saved Search on the Select Records popover view is something I’d like to add at some point. I think that’s what you’re looking for?

But T.L. Ford’s suggestion is good so that you can just type in the customer type into the search field in the popover view to filter the list.

July 21, 2020 at 3:40 AM #41410

David Oxtoby
    Participant

That would be the ideal Brendan, bring able to filter by a saved search, but i’m guessing u have a wish list that’d take you years to implement as it is.

July 21, 2020 at 8:32 AM #41420

T.L. Ford
    Participant

Scope creep to “Link to Form” with optional: “Use Form Search Folder”…, or better, “Link to Form” with optional: “Provide Search Options” so the interface doesn’t get cluttered.

July 21, 2020 at 11:34 AM #41427

David Oxtoby
    Participant

That’d be the ideal.

July 22, 2020 at 10:31 PM #41463

Brendan
    Keymaster

Oh ya, I think I’ll be still working on improving Tap Forms when I’m 100 years old!

July 23, 2020 at 7:13 AM #41477

T.L. Ford
    Participant

Live long and prosper.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.