Feature Requests

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Scott James Remnant
    Participant

Loving TapForms so far, but I’ve found that a few extra features would make it perfect:

1. Sort & Group within relationships. These always use the table’s master sort options, and offer no grouping. It’d be nice to be able to customize this on a per-relationship basis.
    2. Adjust fields (and order) for Link from Form relationship. The “link from form” entry always just uses the same fields as the the single column list view. It’d be nice to be able to customize this.
    3. Associated data in Many to Many relationship. I’d like to be able to add extra data to the many-to-many relationship; and yet still see the fields of the target of the relationship in the form.
    4. One to One relationship. There’s a few situations in which I just need to create a link from a record in one table to another, with a picker; I can kinda do this with a backwards one-to-many, but it’s not quite what I want.
    May 4, 2017 at 7:39 PM #22919

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Scott,

Those are all great feature requests.

For #3, this should also be extended to one-to-many relationships too. It’s something I’ve long thought about implementing. In trying to think about how to implement it, I was thinking that you should be able to add fields to the relationship that are combined with the fields from the related form. But now we’re talking about having fields be related to the Link to Form field, managing the field types (input validation, display formats, etc.), and also a place to store the values, etc.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.