Feature Request – Website Password Manager

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Feature Request – Website Password Manager

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

matt1701
    Participant

Hi
    I love using TapForms on my iphone and just wondered if it would be possible to add functionality to turn it into a website password manager. You already have the ability to store a URL and launch a browser when you click it so if you could also lift the login credentials from username and password fields it would mean you could auto login to all your sites.

This would be very handy as I could dump my other password manager apps and just store everything in one location (Tap Forms) . I’m sure it would also help you increase your customer base for people looking for password managers as well :)
    cheers and keep up the good work on Tap Forms
    Matt

April 12, 2013 at 11:02 AM #6125

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the feature suggestion. It’s something I’ve considered for a while now. I know that the 1Password guys do an amazing job of that sort of thing. It would certainly be doable to provide a quick popup list of field and values to pick from to insert into a login form. But auto-login is kind of out of scope for Tap Forms. There’s a lot of Javascript programming that needs to be done to get that right and I had never intended on Tap Forms to be JUST a password manager, so I didn’t spend a lot of time working on that area. But I do recognize how valuable that would be to a lot of users. So I’ll see what can be done for a future update.

Thanks,

Brendan

May 9, 2013 at 6:21 PM #6169

antonvs
    Participant

Hmmm, if not a password manager and with my last post in mind https://www.tapforms.com/forums/topic/pc-desktop-version/) what about providing a Web based version of TapForms. This would then make it universal. Evernote is a good example of this concept. I know the down side is that you would then have to set your business up as a hosting server. Just a thought!

May 10, 2013 at 12:27 AM #6171

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Anton,

Thanks for the service request. However, I’m sure Evernote has millions of dollars to manage and support their infrastructure. I just don’t have access to those kinds of resources unfortunately. I also don’t have the time to devote to building a web version of Tap Forms. It’s just me coding and supporting Tap Forms for iPhone, iPad, and Mac. Plus I do iOS and Mac development outside of Tap Forms for clients who need apps developed for them.

And at the moment I’m working on a new layout engine for Tap Forms Mac, so that’s keeping me pretty busy too.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.