PC Desktop version

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

antonvs
    Participant

I have a feeling this has been covered before, but I couldn’t find it. In addition to the Mac version do you plan a Win PC version. Without the ability to run Tapforms on the desktop and be able to cut and paste from records I find very limiting.

Cheers Anton.

May 10, 2013 at 12:23 AM #6170

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Anton,

I’m sorry but there won’t be a Windows PC version of Tap Forms. Mac and iOS only.

Thanks,

Brendan

May 10, 2013 at 5:32 PM #6175

Roo
    Participant

You can export a zip/csv and open it in Access for reprocessing if you want. You can then re-import back to Tap Forms as a csv. The only thing is you need to do is use field names that are one word and limited to Access length. I reprocess Tap Forms files this way to assemble linked forms into a single database.

October 21, 2013 at 8:54 AM #6981

roberian
    Participant

Hi

I know this has been categorically answered but I’m wondering why you wouldn’t consider a PC based version of the desktop software. I work for a large company and we love using your forms on our iPads – our biggest issue is that any changes that need to be made or new forms created are all done direct on the iPad. We don’t (and won’t) have macs in the office so can’t use that version.

Please reconsider as I think you are missing an opportunity to sell this great software to a wider audience.

Ian

October 23, 2013 at 12:54 PM #7009

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Ian,

Well, if I were to create a Windows version of Tap Forms I’d have to let Tap Forms for iOS and for Mac languish for the next year or more. Even though I already built the iPhone and iPad versions, it still took me a year to write the Mac version and that’s even being able to share a lot of code between the two platforms. With a Windows version that would be impossible. It would be a complete rewrite in a new language (C#) which I am unfamiliar with. It’s easy to learn new languages, but it’s more difficult and time consuming to learn the ins and outs of the new frameworks and APIs that I’d need to know about. And there’s only one of me working on Tap Forms. So until I can figure out that cloning thing or grow Tap Forms so that it’s larger than I can handle to be able to hire someone to do it, a Windows version just isn’t in the cards for Tap Forms right now. Neither is Android.

Thanks!

Brendan

July 8, 2016 at 6:37 AM #17657

Selvoy Fillerup
    Participant

Hi,

I’m in the process of switching some Bento database files from Bento to TapForms (I’m still on a ten day trial). The original Bento database files contain hundreds of images.
    I’d like to share with others who only use PC. I found a blog entry dated May 10, 2013 that described exporting Bento data to MS Access.
    Can MS Access accept images from a Bento or TapForm database? Can one simply export the files from Bento? Or from TapForms. Can you suggest how best to accomplish this?
    I don’t need for others to be able to edit the new database, only to view it.

July 8, 2016 at 11:37 AM #17658

Brendan
    Keymaster

You can export your records as a CSV file and Tap Forms will optionally export the media (which includes photos) to a separate folder along with the CSV file. What you do with the data from there to get it into Access is up to you.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.