Feature request: individual calculations for different searches of the same form

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Feature request: individual calculations for different searches of the same form

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

julien
    Participant

Multiple searches derived from the same form have the same calculation applied.
    Is it possible to have a new feature which enables setting individual calculations of the different searches of the same form?

October 1, 2017 at 10:10 PM #25012

Brendan
    Keymaster

Do you mean that in one search you want to see the Total, but another search you want to see the Average, Minimum, or Maximum value of a field?

October 1, 2017 at 10:58 PM #25014

julien
    Participant

Yes. Or in one search see the Total of Field A and in another search see the Total of Field B.

October 2, 2017 at 1:44 PM #25020

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Julien,

Well on the Multi-Column List View you can see the totals for all of the fields. You’re not limited to just one. And on the Single-Column List View you can see a popup button that shows you the totals for all of the fields that you’ve set the Summary Calculation option on.

October 3, 2017 at 7:38 AM #25044

julien
    Participant

Indeed. What I was looking for is that in single-column list view different searches have different totals depending on how it is set.

Basically have the ability to set the total per search in single-column rather than set the total at the form level.

Multi-column works but is not the kind of display/rendering I am looking for.

October 3, 2017 at 11:19 AM #25052

Brendan
    Keymaster

Ya, I should allow you to set the Calculation Field and the Calculation Type on each individual Saved Search. That would solve your problem.

In fact, I think I was in the middle of doing that at some point in the past because I have the properties on the Saved Search object to store those settings. They’re just not being utilized at the moment.

October 3, 2017 at 1:07 PM #25059

Brendan
    Keymaster

Ok, this will be in the next update. You just have to set the Summary Calculation option on your individual fields and then when you switch between your form and your different searches, you can have a different default summary calculation appear at the bottom of the single-column list view for each selected form or search.

It’ll be in the next update. The code was already partially there to do that. I just had to finish it.

October 3, 2017 at 1:08 PM #25060

Brendan
    Keymaster

Oh, and if there’s no specific Calculation Field and Calculation Type specified for a Search, it will default to the Form’s setting.

October 4, 2017 at 7:10 AM #25081

julien
    Participant

Thank you, very much appreciated!

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.