Feature Request for Display/Sorting Option

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Feature Request for Display/Sorting Option

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Josh Langford
    Participant

Would it be possible to add an option to the display/sorting to ignore “The”? If it’s already in there I haven’t been able to find it as an option.

For example, in my Blu-ray/DVD form, The Flash, The Wire, The Sopranos, etc. all appear under “T” and I’d rather not name everything
    Flash, The
    Sopranos, The
    Wire, The
    to get them to appear under F, S, W, etc.

Thanks!

February 1, 2017 at 10:11 AM #20986

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Josh,

Thanks for the feature request. It’s a bit tricky because, whereas an app like iTunes which is purposefully built to sort music, book, and other things that use that common sorting technique, Tap Forms is a more general purpose organization app. There may be other industries that don’t want sorting to be like that and now you have to have settings to tell Tap Forms how to sort things with “The” in them. Or even “A or I” or any number of other short words where that might be used. Also how does it deal with different languages in that respect? So I’m not sure that it’s a practical feature to add at the moment.

February 1, 2017 at 11:09 AM #20988

Josh Langford
    Participant

Yeah, I was hoping maybe an on/off in the Field Options was a possibility like the Capitalization and Auto-Correction options, but I understand what you’re saying.
    Thanks

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.