Export Error – Deleted field(s) still exported

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Export Error – Deleted field(s) still exported

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

rcampbellwhite
    Participant

I just noticed a problem with exporting records on my iPad copy of TapForms v2.1.12.

I have a form with quite a large number of fields (not sure if this is relevant, but thought I’d mention it) that I edited earlier to remove one field and rename another.

The data was subsquently exported from this form and I noticed that the field that I deleted was still present in the export.

I retried the export a couple of times and the deleted field was exported each time.

The only way that I was eventually able to stop the deleted field from being included in the export was to fully terminate the app and then retry. Simply pressing the home button and then going back into the app did not work.

Sounds like a copy of the table schema may have been held in memory and used for the export until the app was terminated and the correct schema re-loaded when the app was restarted?

March 8, 2012 at 6:34 PM #5141

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello,

I’m guessing that’s a cacheing issue. I’ll look into it.

Thanks,

Brendan

May 27, 2014 at 10:12 AM #10251

Angel Gil
    Participant

I know this is an old post but I have a problem that may be related: I’ve noticed that after deleting a field, when you perform a search, the records that contained the value of the deleted field are still shown. This happens in Mac and in Versión 2.2.2 (511)

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.