Announcing Tap Forms Version 5!

Tagged: 

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • Author

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hey There,

I just wanted to let you know that I’m releasing Tap Forms version 5 on Thursday August 4th!

There will be a 50% discount sale for the launch starting on August 4th that will last for 48 hours.

The discount price will be $24.99 USD for the Mac version. The iOS discount price will be $8.99.

The regular prices will be $49.99 USD for Mac version and $16.99 USD for iOS version. The iOS version is now universal for both iPhone and iPad. So you only need to buy one version now.

You can watch my promo video here:

Yes, that’s me doing the voice-over. My son did the graphics for me in After Effects.

Pretty cool, eh?

Please check the FAQ here to see if I’ve already answered your questions:

FAQ about the Tap Forms 5 Upgrade

Thanks!

Brendan

August 1, 2016 at 11:27 PM #17799

PatG
    Participant

Looks good. Can’t wait to install in my office and begin syncing among the machines!

August 2, 2016 at 12:02 AM #17802

Kelvin Williams
    Participant

I’ve used Tap Forms on both Mac and iOS for many years. How will upgrades work in the Apple App Stores with their aversion to upgrade processes? Presumably the initial reduced price will be in place for 48 hours then will change to the full price? I live in the UK and am due to leave on holiday Thursday at 6am GMT. Will both Apps be available then or I will miss out on the reductions bt the time I return?

August 2, 2016 at 1:21 AM #17804

Heet
    Participant

The video looks great. I cannot wait to try it.

I have also been using TapForms on Mac & IOS. The same question for me, how do we transfer the existing v4 data to the v5 app?

August 2, 2016 at 1:34 AM #17805

Leo
    Participant

Transferring is easy:

just create a backup in v4 and convert is in v5. You can’t miss it.

Leo

August 2, 2016 at 3:28 AM #17806

tonyt
    Participant

So if I have 3.5.14 on my Mac and latest version on iPad, both purchased through AppStore, will I have to upgrade to 3.5.15 before downloading TF5 from app store? Will I have to set up sync from scratch again? Can I still use iCloud? Will there be a detailed set of instructions about how to manage the whole upgrade process. I am not good at just seeing what happens!

As a major upgrade I really think and I do hope some step by step help in the process will be posted soon. If not, I can see lots of people getting in a right muddle!!!

The only mention of converting for example is what I have seen in Leo’s post. Do I convert on one machine and then let that sync to other machines and devices once I have installed TF5 on all of them???

August 2, 2016 at 4:33 AM #17807

rockies
    Participant

Congratulations, Brendan! I have been looking forward to this upgrade ever since you began to discuss it. Thank you for all of the improvements and new features. Many thanks for helping with my organization, productivity, and peace of mind, which result from your great product.

I wish you much success with the launch.

August 2, 2016 at 6:41 AM #17813

Doug Eddy
    Participant

Fantastic! My favorite app just got better! Use it every day for keeping track of health information as well as numerous work related information. Also have a db of my pen collection which includes pictures and vital information. I’ve had to see support help a couple of times and the response has been prompt, clear and resolved the problems. Love the app. So grateful for the support. So much easier to work with than Filemaker, not to mention the big difference in price lol

August 2, 2016 at 9:17 AM #17824

Olaf Christiansen
    Participant

Hi,
    just wonder will there be something similar to URL-list like in Bento.
    – will there be import from Ical and reminders.
    – will there be reminders
    – will there be a calendar view
    – is it possible to have e-mails stored and replied

like to hear from You
    regards
    Olaf

August 2, 2016 at 9:55 AM #17825

Brendan
    Keymaster

So many questions… I’m going to work on a FAQ that I’ll post which answers a few of the most asked questions so far. There will also be 16 new videos that demonstrate all the new features in Tap Forms. Plus an updated manual that will guide you through things too.

Stay tuned!

Brendan

August 2, 2016 at 11:40 AM #17832

Gartenzwerg
    Participant

Brendan

Is there a difference between the version from your Homepage an the version in the Mac App Store??

Regards Michael

August 2, 2016 at 12:08 PM #17834

Brendan
    Keymaster

Ok, the FAQ is up. Please see that and hopefully I’ve managed to answer most of your questions.

FAQ about the Tap Forms 5 Upgrade

August 2, 2016 at 3:05 PM #17838

dom Pugh
    Participant

Great news. The selective sync is something that will really benefit me- service guys in the field can sync job sheets etc and “private” business docs can stay separate on the Mac. Looking forward(ish!) to getting everything in order. Hope the launch goes well.

August 3, 2016 at 7:27 AM #17858

Kurtois
    Participant

Brendan,

When will we see these 16 videos posted? At the Vimeo site?

Should we anticipate being able to purchase Tap Forms V5 from the Mac App Store at midnight? iOS App Store? Your site?

Can you tell I am anxious to see the software? :)

August 3, 2016 at 8:14 PM #17863

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Kurtois,

It’s all up now!

Visit my home page and you’ll see all the links there to the screencasts and the download buttons.

Thanks!

Brendan

August 3, 2016 at 8:38 PM #17866

Ted
    Participant

Is there any difference between the Mac App Store Version and the Buy Direct version?
    Different features?
    TIA

August 4, 2016 at 12:25 AM #17883

Iván Benítez
    Participant

YES! Thank you Brendan, I have just bought versions for iOS and OSX.

December 1, 2016 at 3:01 PM #20521

Rob Fox
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

Have been using TF3 between a MBP and an iPhone for quite a while and like it a lot. I am considering the upgrade to TF5 because I lost the sync which is important for me. However, I don’t really want to register to use yet another cloud service and am interested in the local syncing feature.

My question is that my MBP is so old (early 2011) that it does not support file transfer via Airdrop. In its place I am able to use an app called DropCopy which functions similarly to Airdrop. So I know my MBP can sync with my iPhone when using the right software.

My question is…will I run into the same issue with your local syncing as I do with file transfers on Airdrop or am I good to go?

December 4, 2016 at 8:47 PM #20549

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Rob,

Sorry for the delayed response. I didn’t see your post in this thread. Best to start new topics for questions so you catch my eye :)

In any case, yes, Nearby sync will work even if your device doesn’t support AirDrop. The “Send Document” function uses the Multipeer connectivity framework from Apple which I believe uses similar technology to AirDrop. But when you setup Nearby sync in Tap Forms 5, it uses a different technology so it should work. As long as if you’re asked by the OS if you want Tap Forms to accept incoming connections you say YES. This is because with Nearby sync, each copy of Tap Forms becomes both a server and a client. And the clients need to be able to connect to the servers.

December 5, 2016 at 3:36 AM #20551

Gregory
    Participant

the “Send Document” function works with my Mac Pro 2008.

I don’t use Nearby Sync though.

April 25, 2017 at 2:33 PM #22735

Shy Guy
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

I love tap Forms. It is one of the best useful apps I have installed. Nice work!

But is there any possibility to update from Tap Forms Version 4 to Version 5 (Mac and iPhone App’s) for an “update”-price instead of the full price? Maybe for the half or 60% ?

I miss this opportunity or is there no update-service for old user’s?

Best regards

April 25, 2017 at 7:17 PM #22736

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Shy Guy,

Yes, there’s an upgrade path for current Tap Forms customers. But each platform is separate. So if you have the iOS version you can use the “Complete My Bundle” function in the iOS App Store using one of these links:

iPhone:
    https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app-bundle/tap-forms-5-upgrade-bundle/id1140801867?mt=8

iPad:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app-bundle/tap-forms-5-hd-upgrade-bundle/id1140784710?mt=8

You only need to do it on one version (whichever version 4 app you have).

For the Mac version you need to follow these instructions to upgrade from version 3.5 Mac to version 5 Mac:

Q: Can I still get the upgrade price if I’ve purchased from the Mac App Store?
    A: Yes. But you will have to get the 3.5.19 direct download version first (https://vendors.paddle.com/download/product/498110). Then you’ll need to launch that version. Please note the app name will be “Tap Forms Mac 5” for the direct download version. You should see a notice telling you that you are eligible for a free copy of the direct download 3.5.19 version since you already purchased it from the Mac App Store. Just put your email address in and “buy” the app. The price should say $0.00 at that point. Once you’ve done that you can download and install version 5 (https://vendors.paddle.com/download/product/503174) and you’ll be offered the 50% off discounted price. There should be a message telling you that you’re getting a discount since you’re a previous customer.

May 8, 2017 at 10:05 AM #23002

Shy Guy
    Participant

Works fine. THX!

Viewing 22 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.