Switch from MAS to Direct Download version?

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Switch from MAS to Direct Download version?

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author

tonyt
    Participant

Hi Brendan
    Now iCloud no longer available, can / how do I switch so I can get bug fix updaye asap rather than wait for Apple to approve every time?
    Cheers
    Tony
    PS LIKING V5 so far apart from some bugs which are only to be expected once a wider user base than beta tesyers get their hands on it.

August 5, 2016 at 10:50 PM #18195

tonyt
    Participant

BUMP! I will need the first bug fix update asap!
    Cheers….

August 6, 2016 at 2:48 AM #18215

Brendan
    Keymaster

I’ve already uploaded version 5.0.1 to my website. Just download the version 5 free trial from my home page.

August 6, 2016 at 3:10 AM #18218

tonyt
    Participant

Hi Brendan
    Many thanks for swift reply. It is asking for a licence number which I have never had? Also, do you post anywhere what is included in each update, another thing to do at what must be a very busy time for you!
    Cheers
    Tony
    PS do I just drag the older versions to the trash?

August 6, 2016 at 9:07 AM #18227

tonyt
    Participant

MAYBE BECAUSE I AM RUNNING MAS VERSION 5.0, AND DIRECT DOWNLOAD 5.0.1. DO THE VERSIONS HAVE TO BE THE SAME IN ORDER FOR THE MAS VERSION TO BE DETECTED?
    CHEERS
    TONY….

August 6, 2016 at 4:59 PM #18251

Kubaton
    Participant

I would like to switch from the MAS version to the direct download version of Tap Forms 5 as well, since it’s useless without iCloud sync. I already purchased it from the MAS for 24.99. I downloaded the version from the web site and launched it multiple times but, even after entering my email address, it still tries to charge me 24.99.

Help? Thanks.

Edit: Obviously, the MAS version is 5.0 and the installed direct download version is 5.0.1. I now have 2 versions installed, one called Tap Forms 5 (MAS) and one called Tap Forms Mac 5 (5.0.1).

August 6, 2016 at 11:20 PM #18257

tonyt
    Participant

That’s what happens to me too!

August 7, 2016 at 9:00 AM #18279

tonyt
    Participant

Bump! Urgent!

August 7, 2016 at 11:31 PM #18312

tonyt
    Participant

Any news?

August 8, 2016 at 9:22 AM #18334

tonyt
    Participant

Many thanks for sorting this Brendan
    Cheers….

August 8, 2016 at 2:07 PM #18348

Kubaton
    Participant

Did you ever get an answer, tonyt? Although, the 5.0.1 update came pretty quickly via MAS so I’m not sure it’s even an issue for me to switch now. I just want to make sure I get updates quickly after they’re released.

August 8, 2016 at 10:33 PM #18364

tonyt
    Participant

Yes, try a pm to Brendan at support and quote this post. Im sure he will help you out. Have you ever known customer service such as his from another developer?Cheers….
    PS updates from MAS are not always as quick as that one!

August 9, 2016 at 7:59 AM #18372

Kubaton
    Participant

Ah, good deal.

You’re absolutely right. I was irritated at first because I just bought Tap Forms for the first time back in March and I’m having to pay again for an upgrade 5 months later. I got over it pretty quickly. Brendan, being a one man show, provides great customer service. I have no doubt all the kinks will be worked out.

Honestly, the only reason I want to switch is for the expedited fixes. You’re right, the updates won’t always be that fast from the MAS.

August 9, 2016 at 6:00 PM #18383

Kubaton
    Participant

Thanks to Brendan for getting it sorted out via email!

Viewing 13 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.