x-callback-url

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author

Enrico C
    Participant

There is any prevision to offer x-callback-url so tap forms can be used in workflow or IFTTT ?
    thanks

Enrico

April 6, 2015 at 8:05 PM #13301

Brendan
    Keymaster

I haven’t spent much time with that sort of thing. My next update will process one type of request though. You’ll be able to add an entry to your calendar and Tap Forms will generate a URL which when tapped will launch Tap Forms and bring you to view that record.

What sorts of things would you want to do with that?

September 14, 2019 at 2:56 PM #36756

john cesta
    Participant

I was trying to remember where I saw the url pointing back to tapforms and this thread gave it to me.

So I see that sending to the calendar is where the url to tf is generated.

Could it be possible to create a url from any tf record and copy to the clipboard in order to send it to or simply save it in a GoodNotes not or Noteshelf note of any of them note apps.

I do substantial writing in those other apps and it would be nice to refer to my tf data.

Thanks

September 15, 2019 at 1:18 AM #36757

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

On the Mac, there is a “Copy Record Link” option to get the link back to the record in the UI. Something like that would work as an addition to the record menu on iOS.

That said to get you out of a quick bind, you can use a script field like this to generate a link in your forms manually:

'tapformz://record/view/db-14f9b6b609904da9b6fb89e4df20d42c/' + form.getID() + '/' + record.getID();

Unfortunately there is no document.getID(), so you’ll have to get the document ID from the sync page and put your document ID in. That should generate a URL you can copy and paste from.

September 15, 2019 at 10:19 AM #36762

john cesta
    Participant

Thanks

I have this and it runs but nothing comes out

function getRecID() {

// Replace with your own code

‘tapformz://record/view/db-3aebca3868ca4a648871f9dee906a6eb/’ + form.getID() + ‘/’ + record.getID();
    }

getRecID();

September 15, 2019 at 11:23 AM #36763

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

You just make that line the script entirely or if you want to wrap it in a function, put in return at the end. The function scaffolding is there to help you wrap things a little easier and make it so that you can return early easier but it isn’t purely necessary. For something truly as simple as this, you don’t need it.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    September 15, 2019 at 1:06 PM #36765

john cesta
    Participant

Well I be.

That works. I started to use zoom notes on iPad. This app is amazing.

You can create a note and share it to any app. It will create the url to the note to be pasted into tapforms.

So now I can go either way. Make tapforms my master or ZoomNotes my master and move back and forth. Sweet.

Thanks Sam.

September 15, 2019 at 1:29 PM #36766

Brendan
    Keymaster

I’ve added document.getID(); to the next update.

But also you can do record.getUrl(); to get the whole link to the record. That’s in the online docs for the Script API.

September 15, 2019 at 2:28 PM #36768

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

That’s even easier! What about adding a menu option in the iOS version to copy the URL as well?

Edit: I thought about this a little more and just realised I might have asked for the URL JS API as well, oops! Can’t keep up with all the great things being added to this product!

September 15, 2019 at 4:48 PM #36773

john cesta
    Participant

Or just have it go to the clipboard too.

Wow, I’ll be doing more programming fun than actually working.

September 17, 2019 at 2:51 AM #36788

Brendan
    Keymaster

@Sam, I just added “Copy Record Link” to the iOS record details view action menu. Next update.

September 17, 2019 at 5:34 PM #36802

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

Woo! Thanks!

Viewing 11 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.