Won't open or launch

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Bob Bower
    Participant

Hi Brendan, I suddenly lost power on my Mac Book Pro while running Tapforms and tried to reopen. The icon would bounce 10 or so seconds and then just stop launching. I started in Safe Mode. No luck after several restarts. Something corrupted, I guessed. So I went to your web site and downloaded the new disk image and replaced the old app file in applications. It now seems to work. Meanwhile, I was running TF on my iMac. Was that the reason: i.e.: it doesn’t open on two computers at once? On my iMac I told it to sync (but not on may laptop.) Am I doing things incorrectly?
    Cheers
    Bob

August 5, 2019 at 11:22 AM #36214

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Bob,

You can run Tap Forms on two different computers at the same time. There’s no restrictions with that.

I’m glad that re-installing the app made it work again.

I would be more worried that your database file might have become corrupted.

Are you able to add and modify records still? You might want to go through all of your forms to make sure everything is working still. Check all your Saved Searches to make sure they’re working.

And to be extra sure things are ok with your database, launch the Console application and type in malformed and see if anything comes back from Tap Forms.

August 5, 2019 at 12:49 PM #36215

Bob Bower
    Participant

Hi Brandan, Seems all OK. Nothing malformed in Console. Robust, eh?
    Downloading the new software from you Home Page and replacing in Applications seemed to work. It also started up, perhaps coincidentally, when I closed it on my nearby computer. Not sure which of these made the difference to it again working on my Mac Book Pro.
    Thanks!
    Bob

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.