Where is my license code?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Terry McDonald
    Participant

I am following your instructions for upgrading to Tap Forms 5 for Mac and have downloaded 3.5.15. There does not seem to be an “Upgrade” feature in 3.5.14, so I launched 3.5.15 and it asked me for my license code. My 3.5.14 is a fully paid version, but having checked old emails and the app itself, I cannot find an “License code”.

Please advise.

June 13, 2017 at 10:53 PM #23509

Josh Capistrant
    Participant

I am having the same issue also. I want to upgrade, but I am stuck.

June 14, 2017 at 2:33 AM #23511

Leo
    Participant

The latest build for version 5 is 5.1.4. My guess is that you have downloaded the old version 3 with is still available in the App Store, named Tapforms organizer, You need Tapforms 5.

June 14, 2017 at 6:29 AM #23512

Josh Capistrant
    Participant

Okay, maybe I’m not being clear enough. I’ve downloaded the latest Tapforms 5, but I already own 3.5.19. So, the question really is, how do I activate (use) Tapforms 5 only paying for the upgrade rather than re-purchasing the software? In trying to install Tapforms 5, I run into a dead end where I put my email in and the next field asks for my license code. I would like to find that code to complete the install. That’s my question.

Josh

June 14, 2017 at 8:13 AM #23513

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Josh,

The confusion may be in the fact that in order to get the discount, you have to download and install the direct download version of Tap Forms 3.5.19, even if you already have the Mac App Store version 3.5.19 installed. I do mention this in the upgrade FAQ.

Here’s a link to the direct download 3.5.19 version:

https://vendors.paddle.com/download/product/498110

So install that one first and activate the license that it gives you for free. You may need to quit and re-launch it again after that.

Then, download and launch the direct download version of Tap Forms 5 Mac:

https://vendors.paddle.com/download/product/503174

You will be offered the 50% discount once it is able to recognize the license receipt file from the direct download version of 3.5.19.

So it goes like this… The direct download version of 3.5.19 is able to detect the Mac App Store 3.5.19 version’s receipt. That’s how it knows not to charge you for the license key it gives you. Then, the Tap Forms 5 Mac direct download version is able to recognize the license receipt (not the key) for the direct download version of 3.5.19. So it’s at that point that Tap Forms 5 is able to offer the 50% discount to you.

Sorry for the convoluted process. But Apple doesn’t make it possible to offer upgrades for Mac App Store purchases, so you have to transition your Mac App Store license to a direct download license via this convoluted process.

When this is successful for you, what I see in my Paddle Dashboard’s transaction history is an initial order for Tap Forms 3.5.19 for $0.00 and then after that I see an order for Tap Forms 5 for the 50% discount. I know it works because I see these every day. I know that some people skip the first part and don’t install the direct download version because they think they already have it. Perhaps my instructions need more clarification.

Sorry for the trouble.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.