Where do I get Tap Forms 3.5 for the Mac?

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Where do I get Tap Forms 3.5 for the Mac?

Tagged: 

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author

The Mac App Store is still offering only version 3.0.3. I’ve got version 4.0 on my iOS devices, and all three are merrily synching to Dropbox. I’d like to get my iMac and MacBook Pro into the game, too!

—Candace

May 1, 2015 at 9:38 AM #13522

tonyt
    Participant

I think its on the TF home page. But I can’t get the page to load – hardly ever, Im sure its not Safari, as every other site I visit loads fine as does the TF forum page???

May 1, 2015 at 10:56 AM #13524

tonyt
    Participant

In fact, if I purchased tf through app store, with other apps you cant use the direct supplier version. Can you with TForms?
    Cheers
    Tonyt

May 1, 2015 at 3:47 PM #13526

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hmm… not sure why my home page isn’t loading for you. It seems fine and loads quickly for me.

As for version 3.5 for Mac, I’m still waiting for Apple to review it. They reviewed it once, but rejected it for a tiny little reason. Not even a bug or anything. Just that I had Maps entitlement selected in my app configuration in the Apple Developer portal. I turned it off and then submitted a new build. Now it goes back to the bottom of the queue unfortunately.

You can certainly download the Mac Trial version from the blue button on my home page. That will get you the 3.5 version (but without iCloud support as that can’t happen with direct downloads). You are entitled to a free copy of the direct download version if you’ve purchased it already from the Mac App Store. However, it won’t automatically recognize that you’ve purchased until you upgrade to the Mac App Store version and then launch the direct download version after that.

So hopefully it won’t be much longer for Apple to approve the MAS version.

Thanks,

Brendan

May 2, 2015 at 2:56 PM #13536

I downloaded the trial version of Tap Forms for Mac and installed it so that I could try it out with Dropbox. I love that you allow us to create a sync schedule for our Macs. I do so much data entry on my iOS devices, that my iMac and MacBook Pro can get seriously out of sync. With this option, I’m hoping that more often than not, I’ll have the right data everywhere!

Thank you so, so, so much for implementing Dropbox synch. It has made your wonderful app even more valuable to me. Among other things, I keep a database of the over 5,700 e-books I own — I schlep it out of calibre and it’s easy to update it in Tap Form via importing records. I’m thrilled (and a tiny bit surprised) that this “little’ database project can handle all those records without choking. Bravo!

May 2, 2015 at 6:12 PM #13539

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Candace,

I’m glad that you’re enjoying Tap Forms. Hopefully Apple will approve the 3.5 update on the MAS before the demo period runs out.

Thanks,

Brendan

May 5, 2015 at 8:09 PM #13565

Rick Browne
    Participant

Is 3.5 available from the MAS yet? I keep getting update notices which just lead me back to 3.0.3.
    Rick

May 5, 2015 at 9:29 PM #13566

Rick Browne
    Participant

Spoke too soon. Just got 3.5 update!
    Rick

May 6, 2015 at 9:58 AM #13578

Brendan
    Keymaster

Apple just approved it yesterday, so I released it yesterday.

May 6, 2015 at 5:49 PM #13587

Rick Browne
    Participant

And it is working! There was a delay in the sync, perhaps the initial sync? But still quite useable.
    Thanks Brendan for another enhancement to a great program. By now I am glad Bento died!

Rick

May 6, 2015 at 6:46 PM #13589

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Rick,

Excellent. I’m glad it’s working for you now.

Thanks!

Brendan

May 6, 2015 at 7:22 PM #13591

1Levite
    Participant

Just downloaded 3.5 from App store. My oh my! I have read for months that Dropbox was the priority, but was pleasantly surprised by the speed of updating for the single column view and the table view. My old Mac was struggling with my many records–there is still a long pause when changing form views, but not long enough to make a sandwich as was the case before.

Still old fashioned and haven’t used iCloud, but will give the Dropbox alternative a go.

Thanks to Brendan for working magic once again!

TF3.5 iMac core 2 Duo

May 6, 2015 at 9:52 PM #13592

Brendan
    Keymaster

You’re very welcome 1Levite. I’m glad it’s working well for you.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 12 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.