Where are backup attachments stored?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Carol Moncrief
    Participant

I am using El Capitain on my Mac. I have Tap Forms set up to backup upon quitting. I found the backup where it is stored. In my notes I have this statement: In this location a Share folder contains all attachment files while TapForms_db.sqlite is the actual database backup file.

I found the Share folder that has Exports and Imports folders. But both are empty. My note above was taken for an earlier version of the Mac OS. So where are the attachments to my database now stored?

One more question: If I need to transfer this database to another Tap Forms user, how do I do that so that the attachments are connected to the database appropriately.

Thank you!

March 14, 2016 at 8:26 PM #16094

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Carol,

The backup file will contain all of the attachments too.

In fact, the backup file is nothing more special than a compressed zip file. If you want to see what’s in there, just double-click on one to expand the zip file. You’ll get a folder with the contents of your database and all attachments.

The location of the attachments depends on whether or not iCloud Drive or Dropbox is selected as the sync service and if sync is enabled.

With iCloud, look in the iCloud Drive folder on your Mac and look inside the Tap Forms HD folder. You’ll find them all there.

But if you just want to restore to a different device, just use the backup file. It’ll contain everything you need.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.