When can we expect a Tap Forms HD update?

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms When can we expect a Tap Forms HD update?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

rcampbellwhite
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

It’s been a while since February’s update for Tap Forms – I wonder if you can let us know which features are going to make it into the next release and, crucially, when that new release will be available to us?

The top feature that I am looking for is improved data exporting where relationships are preserved between tables by way of a common key field. This is a big deal as without it we have to assign our own keys, which makes things unnecessarily difficult.

It would also be of great benefit to your users if we could have more visibility of what you’re working on and your anticipated release schedule. We all appreciate that it’s difficult to predict exact release schedules, but an indication of where you’re heading with the product and how long the top requested features might take to get implemented would go a long way towards building confidence in this product. Personally I have a project that requires a portable database on iPad, but issues such as the export feature mentioned above are holding me back.

Have you considered using sites like GetSatisfaction.com or UserVoice.com to run your user community? These are great for maintaining a relationship with your customers. Giving users the ability to vote on features gives us that feeling of being heard and will give you quantifiable feedback on the areas of the product that need the most attention.

Tap Forms is a very good product – there are a lot of us out there that are willing you to take it to the next level. :)

Rob

June 16, 2011 at 10:54 PM #4623

eduz
    Participant

Totally agree

June 17, 2011 at 2:25 AM #4624

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Rob and Eduz,

Sorry for the late reply. I was at WWDC when you posted and I didn’t see the email until Eduz replied to it. I am working on updates to Tap Forms HD right now. The next release will include bug fixes, a new calculation field type, plus full database-level encryption (as opposed to just the field-level encryption that exists now).

I don’t know exactly when the next update will be out. I hope really soon though.

I do use UserVoice by the way. Clicking on the Feedback tab on the left of my site will take you there.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.