What's the Star Button for?

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Dave
    Participant

I might be missing something obvious, but what exactly is the point of the star button at the bottom of a record? I assumed it meant that you could “favorite” individual records and then view them in a saved search, but I can’t find it anywhere in the Advanced Search dialog box, or in any menu. No mention of it in the manual either. How do you use this?

January 19, 2018 at 6:10 AM #27067

Dave
    Participant

I just noticed that there is a favorites button on the iPhone version, so this must be what it’s for. It would be nice to also have this kind of search criteria on the Mac version as well.

January 19, 2018 at 10:57 AM #27071

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Dave,

It’s also on the Mac version.

Click the All Forms popup button and select “My Forms”.

You’ll see the Favourites function there which will let you view the list of all your current favourited records.

Thanks!

Brendan

January 19, 2018 at 7:18 PM #27074

Dave
    Participant

I see. Nice. So it shows all your favorites together from all your forms. Is there no way to show favorites from individual forms? Like the saved searches?

January 19, 2018 at 8:07 PM #27077

Brendan
    Keymaster

No. Sorry. It was designed to show you all favourite records no matter what form they belong to.

However, I like the idea of having a Saved Search option that shows you just the Favourite records for a specific selected form. Good idea.

Thanks!

Brendan

January 19, 2018 at 10:21 PM #27078

Dave
    Participant

And thank you for being such a responsive developer!

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.