What is with Tap Forms?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

grooveagent
    Participant

As time progresses this program/ app seems to get worse which sucks because I love Tap Forms.

The phone app intermittently crashes when I start it, or it stalls, then crashes when I switch to Tap Forms from another app. It’s been doing this for months now and even persists after upgrading to an iPhone 12.

It often takes forever to sync records. I’ll make or update a record on the phone, and it will take up to 30 minutes or more to update on the laptop. I try to manually update/ sync and it just won’t push/ pull across the devices. I’m still sitting here past bed time waiting for records to sync over so I can email out the info. Ugh.

I’ve started using Tap Forms for some more serious work that is time-sensitive, and it just doesn’t seem to be reliable enough to get the job done. I may have to look at something else.

November 1, 2020 at 11:35 PM #42479

Brendan
    Keymaster

Which sync service are you using? For fastest syncing, use Nearby Sync or Apache CouchDB. It should happen within seconds.

November 2, 2020 at 12:07 AM #42480

Chris Ju
    Participant

Syncing over CouchDB (Synology/Docker or IBM) works very fast on Macos/iOS…

November 2, 2020 at 8:41 AM #42483

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

Syncing via CouchDB or Nearby Sync (for local network only) is really quick, also when making large amounts of changes there is no throttling unlike what Apple does with the iCloud sync. If you’ve got a computer that is always on (Windows, Mac or Linux), you can install CouchDB on it relatively easily and on your local network setup CouchDB sync. CouchDB sync has the advantage that it’s faster than iCloud and if your device that runs CouchDB is always on once the changes are uploaded any device can pick them up quickly. CouchDB has a full push/pull model versus Nearby Sync which is pull only.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.