Weeks of work LOST

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Teo Balsamo
    Participant

Hello everybody,

I have been using Tap Forms 5 for a month or so.
    At the very beginning I was very very happy with it.
    But as long as I have been going on some very disappointing things happen at an increasing rate. I don’t know why. They seem to be bugs to me.
    The last one just a few minutes ago.

I have a whole database for work with several forms as to my needs as a tour guide.
    One form is the list of my TOURS with a lot of stuff inside: the name, notes, ideas, bibliography (attached file), state of the job and all that sort of data.

Another form is a list of SCHEDULED TOURS, which is made with a picked up date and TWO COUPLES of the same items: 2 AM and 2 PM Hour fields, 2 Link-to-Form fields linking the mentioned TOURS form, one for each AM and PM section.

This latter form was linked to a third one which I named NEWSLETTER so to have everything under control when it comes to set up my campaigns.

Now, until this morning everything was working fine: I had as many tours as I wanted selected and well organised into the two sections—AM and PM tours—in my SCHEDULED TOURS form.
    But at once, when into an item—say May 22nd—I select an existing tour into the Link-to-Form TOURS it DISAPPEARS from another item—say March 1st—where it was laying till a second before.

WHY?

May 7, 2021 at 9:38 PM #44319

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Teo,

Were you unlinking a record from an inverse relationship on a Link From Form field? If so, I recently fixed a bug that could cause more than just the selected linked record to be unlinked.

I haven’t yet published the fix for this issue though. If you’d like to test a beta version with the fix, I’d be happy to set you up. Just email me at support@tapforms.com. The records should still be there, just not linked for that record anymore. I’m just guessing that this might be what happened based on your description.

Sorry for this issue.

Thanks,

Brendan

May 11, 2021 at 12:56 AM #44353

Teo Balsamo
    Participant

Hello Brendan,

Please forgive me for replying to you so late, I am very sorry for this.
    I did appreciate your answer.

About what I did within the relationship between forms in my database, yes I unlinked some records, actually I can happen to do so frequently when I am setting the whole plan over a month or so.

As a matter of fact I built up the Scheduled Tours up again but using the many-to-many relationship and now it runs well.
    I thought the one-to-many relationship was fine so now I don’t know whether it was my mistake at the beginning or not.

Please let me know what you think of this issue and about that chance of testing the beta version.

All my best,

Teo

May 11, 2021 at 10:19 PM #44365

Brendan
    Keymaster

Well with a One to Many relationship, a child record can only be linked to one parent record. So if you were to have linked the same child record to multiple parent records, they would automatically be removed from the other parent records you had linked them to before.

The Many to Many relationship does allow you to link the same child to multiple parent records.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.