Way to do SUMIF calculation

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Ryan M
    Participant

I’m tracking gear that I’ve purchased for my bike. I’d like to be able to see the mileage on a particular piece of gear. I have a link between gear and a mileage log that I’m keeping. Is it possible with the current set of calculation formulas to sum the distances from the mileage log after a particular date in my gear form?

Thanks!

December 30, 2017 at 7:06 PM #26821

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Ryan,

There’s no function for filtering the list of mileage log entries for any particular gear. Tap Forms will just display all the linked child records for the selected parent record. So getting a total of the mileage log records for a particular piece of gear wouldn’t work.

Although… if you added a Calculation field to your mileage log form that returned the distance value if a different field within that form was past a certain date, then that might work. Then you could tell the mileage log form to total up all of the values for that Calculation field and it would be just for that specific date range.

Maybe something like (untested, but might work):

IF(DATEVALUE(“2017-12-30”, “yyyy-MM-dd”) > [Log Date], [Mileage], 0)

Then set the Calculation Summary to Total on that Calculation field. The result should show up at the bottom of the list of mileage log records for your selected gear.

December 30, 2017 at 7:56 PM #26823

Ryan M
    Participant

Hey Brenden,

Thanks for the suggestion. I think that’ll be a decent workaround for now. The issue here is that the number of fields I’ll need to add to my Mileage form will scale with the number of items in the Gear form. It won’t be an issue for a few, but it might become unscalable once I start adding 20+ items.

Either way, thanks for the tip!

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.