Want to help beta test the next amazing version of Tap Forms?

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Want to help beta test the next amazing version of Tap Forms?

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hey everyone,

I’m getting closer to release of my next major upgrade to Tap Forms and I’d like to get some more beta testers to help out with testing. I’m still a couple months away, but the more people I have testing it out and providing valuable feedback, the better.

Here’s what I need from you before I will consider you as a beta test candidate.

• Send an email to support@tapforms.com requesting beta access.
    • You must own a full license to Tap Forms for Mac and iOS already. The more experience you have with the current release the better.
    • Let me know how often you use Tap Forms each week.
    • You must provide me with bug reports and usability feedback. I’m not looking for feature requests. I have thousands of those already. I just need bug reports. However, if there are novel ways you think Tap Forms can be improved after you see the beta or if the way the beta works doesn’t sit right with you, please don’t hesitate to let me know. I will do my best to make it better before release.
    • Email me your Mac(s) hardware UUIDs with a description of the kind of Mac you own. You can get it from the System Information app. Send me the actual text of the UUID, not a screenshot of it. I have a limited number of beta tester device slots, so I can only accommodate a couple of Macs for each beta tester.
    • I will grant you access to a private Beta Testers Forum on my website here where I’ll be posting release notes for each build and where you can post bug reports and discuss the beta with other beta testers. You can also email me your feedback directly if you don’t want to post to the private forum.
    • Have fun and enjoy helping to make Tap Forms the best data organizer on any platform!

I think you’re really going to love what’s in store!

Thanks!

Brendan

April 27, 2016 at 9:40 AM #16441

Maura Ciccarelli
    Participant

Thanks for including me in the beta, Brendan! Looking forward to exploring the features.

May 10, 2016 at 9:52 AM #16605

Gregory
    Participant

Brendan, as far as you know, is data safe in the new version? I’m using Tap Forms multiple times a week with 3 devices. I’d love to help test it, but only if I’m not going to lose data — which admittedly is rare with beta testing.

cheers,
    Gregory

May 10, 2016 at 3:27 PM #16616

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Gregory,

There’s always a risk with any beta software, but so far I haven’t heard of anyone losing any data. Sometimes things like photos don’t appear and such, but I’m working on those issues through the beta process.

Thanks,

Brendan

May 15, 2016 at 11:42 AM #16729

AngriBuddhist
    Participant

Hi.

I own the iPhone version of TF and after you answered my question in another thread, I’m thinking of purchasing the iPad version as well.

Will the next release, in June-July or later, be an upgrade to the existing TF or be a new version, aka Tap Forms 2?

If it is TF2, I assume there’ll be a way to import your db from the old version, correct?

May 15, 2016 at 1:56 PM #16738

Brendan
    Keymaster

Yes, there’s a migration function to let you import your data from the current version into the new version. Everything will import over. All you do is make a backup using the current version and then import into the new version.

May 16, 2016 at 12:18 PM #16762

AngriBuddhist
    Participant

Ok. Thanks for clearing that up. Across the forum, I’ve seen it referenced as an update and a new version.

I’ve been deep into TF1 for the last week, using it during almost all of my free time and I’ve noticed a few issues including a Search>Rule>Date Created crash loop that required a reinstall, which has variations that have been reported here as far back as 2012.

Since you’re hard at work on TF2, is there really any point in reporting TF1 bugs and usability issues, or making suggestions/requests?

May 16, 2016 at 3:14 PM #16766

Brendan
    Keymaster

Feature requests and bug reports are always welcome. It’s possible that a bug you find in the current version also exists in the next version.

May 27, 2016 at 7:58 PM #16983

AngriBuddhist
    Participant

Keeping in mind that things can change, care to give a % chance that TF2 will be available for iOS by the first week of August?

May 27, 2016 at 10:33 PM #16985

Brendan
    Keymaster

100% chance. Much earlier actually.

May 28, 2016 at 11:14 AM #16989

AngriBuddhist
    Participant

Cool. Thanks.

June 2, 2016 at 4:12 PM #17160

Andrew Mead
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

When do you think the next amazing version of Tap Forms will be ready ?

Thanks

Andrew

June 3, 2016 at 2:11 AM #17163

Brendan
    Keymaster

Depends on how testing goes, but I’m hoping for the end of this month, but I wouldn’t hesitate to push it back if needed. I just want it to be amazing. :-)

June 4, 2016 at 12:23 PM #17203

AngriBuddhist
    Participant

Sounds great!

Knowing that things could change, are the iOS versions planned to be out somewhat simultaneously?

June 4, 2016 at 4:17 PM #17209

Brendan
    Keymaster

I always release updates at the same time for all platforms.

Viewing 14 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.