ViolinMaker database

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

strad66
    Participant

Dear Brendan, I already use the rap forms for several years but not with efficient. I use for several days and then I try a new version of my database but with no success. I have three “big” forms that I want to list each other when necessary but I want them to share several items. But when I made one client with one instrument and barcode, I want to list the client or by instrument or by barcode. How can I do it?
    Best wishes
    Joaquim Capela

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    April 28, 2021 at 11:10 PM #44264

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Joaquim,

If you want to be able to see the client on the Instrumento form, then you should enable the “Show Inverse Relationship” option on your CLIENTS form’s INSTRUMENT field. That way when you’re searching your instruments you can see the client.

You may also want to add a Calculation field to your Instrumento form to fetch the client’s name from the CLIENTS form. That way you could search your Instrumento form for a specific client name and see a list of the Instrumento records.

And since your barcode field in on your Instrumento form, then you can just search that form for the barcode number.

Hope that helps!

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.