Viewing Options don't seem to sync from Mac to iPad

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Viewing Options don't seem to sync from Mac to iPad

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Astrid Koeppe
    Participant

I have a minor problem in Tap Forms 5 that is still pretty annoying for me: When I finally got the sync to work (Mac -> iPad) I must have had different viewing options selected in several files.

What I want is the option that shows me all the pictures on the left. This works only in one of my files on the iPad. All the other ones only show me the list version. So I changed the viewing option of every file on the Mac by clicking on the menu. But for some reason this choice doesn’t sync. And I can’t change it manually on the iPad as the menu doesn’t seem to exist in the App.

Any solution?
    Thanks a lot in advance!
    Astrid

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    September 26, 2017 at 5:45 PM #24882

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Astrid,

The View Settings don’t sync. They’re local to the device as are most settings in Tap Forms. It’s so you can see your data in different ways on different devices. So you just need to choose the view that best suits your form for the devices you’re using.

It does exist on the iPad version. Tap on the action menu button when viewing the list of records in your form. Then tap on the View Settings option.

Thanks,

Brendan

September 27, 2017 at 11:43 AM #24911

Astrid Koeppe
    Participant

Hi Brendan,
    I had to google what the action menu button might be… now I know. And it worked.
    Thank you so much!
    Astrid

September 27, 2017 at 2:53 PM #24917

Brendan
    Keymaster

Ya, sorry. It turns out it’s the same style as the standard “Share” button. But when I ask Apple’s iOS for an Action button, that’s what it gives me. I think Apple just changed the meaning of it or something. Not sure what other icon would be more appropriate though. And I’ve been using that for years now, so if I change it, some people might not be happy about that.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.